Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

United GlobalFirst Suites, AA First Class, Times Square Hotel FLL✈EWR✈ORD✈DFW✈MIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United GlobalFirst Suites, AA First Class, Times Square Hotel FLL✈EWR✈ORD✈DFW✈MIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC*A
Originally Posted by BB2220
Global first hasn't been removed from any aircraft at this point. So it's a little early to say it's disappearing
While this is true, many of the replacement aircraft won't have F, including the 787s and reportedly the 350s.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Nice report! It's always amazing to see how minimal the service on UA can be. The irony of the GF Seat and the domestic F soft product is pretty alarming to me!

Originally Posted by Longboater
Your dinner on your ORD-DFW flight appears to be one of the more edible AA meals since 9/1. Any specific comments on the meal? What was the other choice? Before 9/1 you would have received a snack that could be pre-ordered on your DFW-MIA flight.
That's the so called Tortellini in Arrabbiata sauce. The other menu option is the 'Beef' in Mustard sauce. You can see my notes on it on page 1 of the 2015 AA Meals thread in the AA forum. Overall, I've found the pasta dishes to generally be edible unlike the new protein dishes.

The snack basket sandwiches on the other hand... UGH!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:31 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
interesting report, always good to see my home airport (even though T1 makes me sad now )

there is also more to IL than chicago... when I moved here I thought it was the opposite and just flat corn fields (because I have been to southern IL so much), so I was shocked to be in suburbia and the 3rd largest city in the US!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Great report, although I do think it is a bit unfair to call out AA's maintenance. Cosmetic things, such as window/wall panels, can break at anytime on any aircraft. As long as they fix it in a timely manner, there is nothing wrong with how they operate. That being said, I need to fly a MD82 at some point, everytime I fly an AA MD80 I seem to get the MD83, not a big deal, but I like logging different aircraft
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments and kind words.

One thing I forgot to post in my report was a list of acknowledgements, so here we go!

HUGE thanks to FlyerTalker and Airliners.Net user CMK10 for his efforts in proofreading this report and making it sound less pretentious than the last one. Thanks for being so patient with me Charles, You're the best!

Thanks to Airliners.Net user HNL for providing some of the aircraft registrations that I flew on.

HUGE thanks also to Airliners.Net user LFutia for his efforts in organizing the trip back to MIA via ORD and DFW with a Super 80. Much obliged, Leo.

Thanks to Airliners.Net user Ben123Planes for his countless tips of advice about my writing style and also proofreading portions of this report. Ben, I'll see you in Southampton soon enough.

Thanks to Airliners.Net user MHKansan for his advice on flying AA and trying out their domestic products. See you in the Little Apple, Brennan!

-LPDAL / Colby
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
IMHO the MD80 F seat on AA is superior to their newest 737 F seats!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! What a brilliant trip reports!!!! I'm so glad you had a great flight. Especially, one more thing? You flew on MD80? Is that 26 years old? I think it's time to retired. It's very old. Why can't be retired the entire MD80? And also, what happened the windows? Did you reported it to your FA? They did not fixed the windows. They didn't do right.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JHIN
IMHO the MD80 F seat on AA is superior to their newest 737 F seats!
Indeed. Gotta sit on the E/F side with the better pitch though rather than the A/B side. I hate the articulated recline seat on the 738 as well as the lack of padding on them.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:19 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I admire your courage in going from EWR into NYC and back (and booking a hotel room — was it worth it? You were hardly there) on just a 5-hour layover. Crazy! So much to go wrong, and then you'd have missed all your succeeding flights (as indeed you nearly did).

I think we could guess the Asperger's from the plane listings! Your life must be a very interesting one!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Awesome trip report LPDAL! I always enjoy your level of detail and the quality of the photos are excellent! To answer your question about DL doing hot towel service, I believe they do as I have seen trip reports with people using hot towels and while I have only been in Y on DL recently, I have been able to see into First as the curtain was open and saw the FA distribute hot towels before meal service on my JFK-MCO-JFK flight and LGA-PBI-LGA flight. Glad you had a Happy 19th Birthday and I hope you keep up the excellent work!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1P
Your life must be a very interesting one!

It's "different" from other high school seniors, that's for sure.

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

That's not even all of them, the following trips from 2014 have not been reported on yet:

---
26. US Airways First Class, TPA Marriott MIA✈TPA✈MIA
---
25. Delta First Class Mile PBI✈ATL✈CVG✈ATL✈MEM✈ATL✈MIA
---
24. American Eagle First Class, E175+RitzC MIA✈JAX✈MIA
---
23. Delta First Class, 747-400/753 FLL✈ATL✈MSP✈ATL✈FLL
---

I'll have a nice big "Looking Back on 2014 the second half of my junior year of high school, first half of my senior year of high school, and all the flights within" within plenty of stats and shots of accumulated airline memorabilia.

To wet the whistle: 48,000 miles flown in 2014....I wouldn't trade the memories for anything! ^

For everyone else, I'll respond to your replies in a bit, thanks for all the comments and kind words.

-LPDAL
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to include a user in my list of acknowledgements--FlyerTalk moderator Matthandy.

Matt personally gave me several tips and tricks that came in handy (no pun intended) while writing this report, which has garnered largely positive attention in contrast to my last report. He has also been very understanding and patient with me, so thumbs up to him. ^^^^

Secondly, I'd like to point out that my next report will be my long put-off PBI-CVG-MEM-MIA report, which will be posted in a few weeks.

Thanks again and have a great night,

-LPDAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.