Wiki Posts
Search

(Semi-) LIVE TR: BA and AA, F/J LUX-LHR-IAD-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-LUX with photos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by noniron
I was on the same flight to IAD! Though I was CW in forward upper cabin and agree with your comments about the crew, the staff working my cabin were among the best that I have ever encountered on BA recently.

I stayed just beside your hotel in the Jefferson and thought it was fantastic.

We could have shared that Washington Flyer Cab!

I turned around straight away and came back last night/this morning and it was the same crew operating the return, the giggles and welcome back onboard Mr Noniron when they seen me was genuinely touching.
I really wish I'd known! Small world! We could have indeed shared the cab. The crew were generally one of the best, I chatted to the one working 1L just outside of customs, and he was still chirpy, even after a long flight, and technically "off the clock".

I was out from IAD early-ish, on the 10:00 LAX, where I'm currently waiting for a delayed LAX-HNL. That portion coming soon.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Interesting read so far, very enjoyable. 1 question though:

1 - With the uber driver, wonder how he got to the M25 from Angel? Did he go through Central London? I would have thought going up through Highgate and East Finchley connecting onto the A406 would have been faster but then again, that time of the morning traffic would be heavy all over London.
He took me out on the Westway, so what's that, A404? All the way past Northolt on the A40, to the M25, then one or two junctions anti-clockwise to T5. I was expecting him to cut down onto the M4 at some point, but it never happened. It was Sunday morning, so Central was reasonably busy, but after the Euston Road plain sailing.

Originally Posted by T8191
Is this a frayed seat belt?? If so, that's not just tatty but, surely, unsafe?
I did query this with BA after the flight. That's the loose end of the strap, so not a problem for a stick figure for myself, but if I were a gentleman of stature, I can see how this would be a safety issue.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Royce
He took me out on the Westway, so what's that, A404? All the way past Northolt on the A40, to the M25, then one or two junctions anti-clockwise to T5. I was expecting him to cut down onto the M4 at some point, but it never happened. It was Sunday morning, so Central was reasonably busy, but after the Euston Road plain sailing.
Having lived at RAF Northolt for 5 years, and RAF Uxbridge for many more, his route is by far the quickest [albeit somewhat longer], especially on a Sunday.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Although far behind many airlines it seems the BA F menu is slowly, albeit very slowly, improving. In anticipation of my last JFK flight I self-catered from T5 Caviar House. Nice to see a vintage Champagne on the list again as well.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:56 pm

The food in BA looks better. I'm curious about this 5-course tasting menu; pleasantly surprised that they would offer it AND the afternoon tea!! on a short LHR-IAD flight. YES!

Or is it only offered on the A380 flight on BA 217?

Last edited by iluvdoco; Dec 2, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:49 pm

I have not seen a menu like that to SFO or YVR. Someone must have switched-on at BA HQ.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Good job fellow LUX-based FTer! Nice TR!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:36 am

I also flew BA C Lux to London and got the same dinner. I was also not impressed.

However from Geneva it was better including the desert.

The lounge food though in Geneva (BA) was awful.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:07 pm

Geneva? ZRH is truly ghastly.

I've found CE service seems to be either totally awesome or motion sickness material. On a BRU flight once, the crew apologised for the meal and admitted they would not eat it themselves. ...And then slipped me several miniatures of champagne 'pour emporter'. Silver lining perhaps but thank goodness I wasn't flying to St Petersburg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.