Dubai for the Weekend from Australia – Emirates First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai for the Weekend from Australia – Emirates First Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Fun report! Thanks for posting it.

So between the 777 and A380, which do you prefer? If you could only fly EK F one more time, which would it be? The novelty of the A380's shower (and, for those who avail of it, the on-board business class lounge) sound hard to beat, but it sounds like there's something to be said for the 777's smaller cabin and roomier seats.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Great TR and photos man. Every time I see an EK F report it make me want to start earning EK miles.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Fun report! Thanks for posting it.

So between the 777 and A380, which do you prefer? If you could only fly EK F one more time, which would it be? The novelty of the A380's shower (and, for those who avail of it, the on-board business class lounge) sound hard to beat, but it sounds like there's something to be said for the 777's smaller cabin and roomier seats.
Hmmm, that's a difficult one. I might have do do each a couple more times before I decide.

At the moment I am leaning towards the 777. It is totally irrational, but I really enjoyed lying in bed looking up at the stars! With the low ceiling on the 380 the effect was not as good.

The 777 also seemed very quiet to me and there was less vibration.

It would be interesting to read what others think.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Originally Posted by standch
Hmmm, that's a difficult one. I might have do do each a couple more times before I decide.

At the moment I am leaning towards the 777. It is totally irrational, but I really enjoyed lying in bed looking up at the stars! With the low ceiling on the 380 the effect was not as good.

The 777 also seemed very quiet to me and there was less vibration.

It would be interesting to read what others think.
First, great trip report, standch. I've loved following you and your partner on the journey. And I'm glad you asked the "777 or 380" question, Thunderroad - I was thinking it, too.

I've flown 4 segments on EK 777 and am booked for 2 on the A380 for next summer. But now I'm second guessing that choice based on some of standch's comments.

The F cabin on the 777 did feel spacious & open with high ceilings and only a maximum of 8 guests. But in particular, the information about wait time for the lavatory on the 380 doesn't sound pleasant. If I wanted to have to stand in line to use the loo, then I'd fly steerage.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Thank you for a lovely trip report with great pictures. It brings back great memories of EK F. Thank you also for comparing the 777 and A380.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for posting your report standch. Only a true Flyertalker would do such a trip! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I've done F on the A380 previously and enjoyed it immensely.

Well done.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:52 am

Great trip report sandch. The pictures look really good.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much everybody for the positive feedback.

It was nice to share at least some of the experience here. I can only imagine the amount of time and dedication it must take to create a full-on detailed trip report. I have been lurking on this thread for years and really enjoy reading about everyones' adventures.

It has also been inspirational in terms of deciding to 'just do it'!

Cheers,
Steve.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:21 am
Community Director Emerita

Great pictures, fun report. I flew EK F back in the day when it was a DL partner for much the same reason. The partnership was ending, I had the miles, I wondered what it was like. And it was great.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:11 pm

Excellent trip report….I am adding Emirates to the list!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thank you for sharing your TR with us, and so nice that F both ways was not full, so that you could experience sitting in other seats, especially for take off. Wow that food looked amazing I was almost reaching out and taking it. Loved the train, something I did not know existed. View from your hotel window was amazing, and loved the pool on the roof.^ The shower must be an amazing experience, and I suppose 5 mins is just about the right time to have a proper soak and enjoy the ambience. Will definitely have to do an EK F one of these days, just to say that I have done it. Glad you enjoyed your week away.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the encouraging comments; very much appreciated.

The full set of photos can be seen here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/c-j-b/...7646837993048/
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Thank you for sharing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.