Reload this Page >

Etihad Diamond First Class AUH-IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Diamond First Class AUH-IAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
U.S. Pre-Clearance

I suppose it's the airline who pays for pre-clearance at stations outside of Canada? That might explain why AUH has it but HKG doesn't.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I wonder why you can't do duty free as you are allowed to do it domestically in the US now.
http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...-food-or-gifts
I took this flight just before they announced that change, hopefully it's different now.

I faced a different problem on my recent Singapore Suites flight, accidentally leaving my duty-free aboard the plane when I left...
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by FTRox87

isnt that a 789? if so, it wont have FC so wont be quite the same experience.
The Etihad website and seat guru show their 789 having a FC.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by bevoinva
The Etihad website and seat guru show their 789 having a FC.
Correct. Etihad's 787 will have an updated version of their first class suite (video: http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experience-etihad/flying-reimagined/first-suite/) in addition to a new iteration of business class ("The Business Studio") which will likely match their A380 business offering.

Except for China Southern, Etihad is the only other airline to offer 787s with three-class F.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:15 am

So what airline do you think offers the best F service?

Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I took this flight just before they announced that change, hopefully it's different now.

I faced a different problem on my recent Singapore Suites flight, accidentally leaving my duty-free aboard the plane when I left...
I had that happen to me while in coach once. My new approach is to store it in my stomach.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Originally Posted by Bretteee
So what airline do you think offers the best F service?

Thanks.
Even though I just went on that Singapore Suites flight that was far and away the best flight I've ever taken, I still think it's Cathay. So much of the Suites allure is the fact that you're in the Suites. Cathay doesn't have doors that close or high walls or anything like that, so I feel like they have to try a bit harder than SQ does.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: Priority Club (Platinum)
Great trip report - loved it.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:45 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Correct. Etihad's 787 will have an updated version of their first class suite (video: http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experience-etihad/flying-reimagined/first-suite/) in addition to a new iteration of business class ("The Business Studio") which will likely match their A380 business offering.

Except for China Southern, Etihad is the only other airline to offer 787s with three-class F.

-FlyerBeek
Any idea when the they will roll out the "new" first on 787 AUH-IAD?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by kreegaa
the last time i was there (last sep) the spa was first come first serve.. since i have only about 50 mins in the lounge I couldnt get in because they were fully booked for the next 1.5 hours or so..
I am not sure if first class passengers are given preference at the spa, but when I went through a few weeks ago I was able to get a slot right away. I was in first class and the person next to me at the spa desk was told he'd have to wait about 90 minutes. He was in business.

Thank you OP for the review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.