Search
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Physci
Print Wikipost

A business traveller's week on BA and oneworld

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I haven't got it with me at the moment, but I hope for a reunion with it tomorrow!
Until I see photographic evidence I don't believe it exists. I supposedly was within inches of it a few days ago and never saw it!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well you got that flight a bit wrong! I get a hefty negotiated deal on Hilton rates, and no reduction at all on Ibis, but yes, I'll look at that for further travel.
I did, correct airport but completely wrong flight. Oh well. I am enjoying reading your report though and interesting to hear about your working week. Is this one fairly typical in terms of the amount of travel?

I was joking a bit on the ibis. I was looking at it for when I fly from LCY early next year, but it just looked a little too depressing. The premier inns around there weren't particulalry cheap either which was a shame as I really like the premier inns. I have taken too much of the Hilton kool-aid though and tend to seek them out as well - OT I am looking forward to trying the Hilton Garden Inn near Hatton Cross tube station which is opening towards the end of the year.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors, Bonvoy, Accor
Great diary c-w-s, very insightful...and entertaining for a travel aficionado.

Daily sweep-stake on next day's locations? I guess LHR and OSL.

Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA, VS, LH, HHonors
Absolutely great idea CWS. Looking forward to each update A Hilton fan myself so makes the read even more interested as well as your "thinking".

Cheers
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
I've done a lot of travelling over the last 2 years - probably looking at GGL in the not too distant future. Its part of my job (and I thought I knew what I was getting into) but I can definitely say, hand on heart, its really wearing me down. Its cost me my relationship with my boyfriend, I have little social life and my puggies (and friends) barely see me.

It started out fun and exciting. Now - not so much Waking up in another hotel, breakfast on my own, queues for security, boarding, arrivals, hire cars, hotel check-ins - the never ending expenses claim forms, a flat tyre at T5 last week...first world problems I know. But collectively, its wearing.

Trouble is I like meeting new people and I still enjoy what I actually do so I need to stick with the travel for now. Things can only get better. Off for as holiday in 2 weeks time ^

BTW - Dr Gee - you're not my old physics teacher are you?
So the life of a jet-setter isn't all glamorous then. Interesting to hear about the downside of frequent travelling.

I'm certainly old(ish) these days but not a physics teacher. Just a humble freelance IT bod that only travels within the UK for assignments - and much less frequently these days at that. I keep joking that I'd be happy to travel to some far flung assignment on the USA west coast but sadly all I get nowadays is the offer of something in Birmingham or similar.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by T8191
Just think of it as a dissertation on the suffering associated with earning BAEC LTG.

I have no idea how some people can live that sort of existence, but then they are all younger than me.
LTG is easy, there are a couple of LTGGLs here. That's dedication.

I suspect the latter always run the same routes though, week in week out. What makes cws's voyages so interesting is he visits 1,384 airports each year, from Outer Mongolia to Timbuktu, darkest Peru to Ryadh to the Solomon isles.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by paulwuk
LTG is easy, there are a couple of LTGGLs here. That's dedication.

I suspect the latter always run the same routes though, week in week out. What makes cws's voyages so interesting is he visits 1,384 airports each year, from Outer Mongolia to Timbuktu, darkest Peru to Ryadh to the Solomon isles.
Now I am really curous.....What do you do cws that you visit 1384 airports every year ? You need to contact the Guiness Book of World Records.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:20 pm

3.5 different airports a day. Every day. I can't believe that. Add in the flights home once in a while and that's a non-starter. Surely!?!?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Very interesting thread.

Safe and smooth travels C-W-S!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:36 pm

He should be up by now. Should we be worried. Can someone call the Hilton at Madrid Airport and make sure he's up and about. Don't want him to miss his flight!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I always wondered how it is like to have a c-w-s sort of life. I'm going to follow this diary with much interest!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I never remember all the ticket stock numbers. Oddly enough if you google 125 ticket stock the only relevant results are from FT! Its like a secret language!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ah Tuesday. What's in store for today (better than my day, I am sure)?

H
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Waiting in anticipation now. This is a great idea c-w-s.

Katie
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Hoch
Ah Tuesday. What's in store for today (better than my day, I am sure)?

H
Right now he's cleaning his teeth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.