Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines SQ 305 - London to Singapore in Economy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines SQ 305 - London to Singapore in Economy

Singapore Airlines Flight 305 - London Heathrow to Singapore, day flight, Economy class. Boeing 777.

Here is the flight video. Yes, SQ flew over Ukraine. I realised that we could have been the ones who were shot down. Thank God we're alive and kicking. Condolences to crew and passengers of the ill-fated MH 17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5L_4V-lPw

We were on our way back to Singapore after a wonderful cruise holiday. The flight out of Heathrow was about 1330hrs, so we had plenty of time in the morning to get to the airport.

We stayed in Southampton (not London) post cruise, and we hired a mini-van to get our party from the Southampton Premier Inn to London Heathrow. Here was the luggage.

Transport was on-time and reliable.

We had a bit of time, so the driver took us on a longer route to Heathrow, which allowed us to see some planes landing. Here was a very blur shot. We managed to catch a number of planes landing. Great views. I assume there must be places where plane-watchers can pull-over and watch the endless number of planes lining up to land.

Heathrow Terminal 3. At the check-in counter. It wasn't too crowded at this time of the day. Counter staff told us it was really crazy earlier in the morning. Oh well, we all know that Heathrow is a very busy airport.

Once checked-in, we quickly cleared immigration to get to the transit area. This was the sight that greeted us. Busy place.

Took a bit at the Pret A Manger before the flight. Not too bad, the food. We liked the Jalapeno hot wrap.

Now we were at the boarding gate. It would be a full flight.

After boarding, at my seat. SQ Economy. It would be a long flight to Singapore. About 12 hours, direct and non-stop.

Enjoying my Singapore Sling. I always ask for this on Singapore Airlines.

Kids' meal.

As it was a day flight, it was rather difficult to sleep. Most of the passengers were awake, pretty much throughout the flight. I think I managed at most 2 hours of sleep, if not less. I think it would be much better to take the red-eye flight.

Do check out my blog post for more pictures:
http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...05-london.html
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Not very generous with the sauce on the kids meal. Seems fairly dry.

The SQ Prawns looked good though - better than the Char Sui meal later.
The melon / shrimp looked weird.

Was it daylight all the way? When I've flown various routes, blinds tend to go down to darken the cabin in order to try an make people sleep.

I flew west from JFK-HKG a while ago and can't recall if it ever got dark. There was a sleep period and that was around midday New York time.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Great video Particularly the angry bird kicking out for ice cubes.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:56 am
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
awesome TR. T3 aint lookin too hot though... does SQ fly out of T2 or no?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Thanks for posting.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xenole
Not very generous with the sauce on the kids meal. Seems fairly dry.

The SQ Prawns looked good though - better than the Char Sui meal later.
The melon / shrimp looked weird.

Was it daylight all the way? When I've flown various routes, blinds tend to go down to darken the cabin in order to try an make people sleep.

I flew west from JFK-HKG a while ago and can't recall if it ever got dark. There was a sleep period and that was around midday New York time.
Yes, the kids meal was pretty dry. I can't rem if it was daylight all the way but most pax were awake. yes, the blinds were shut. It was daylight by our body clocks. I recall it was very hard to fall asleep.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AhogZ
Great video Particularly the angry bird kicking out for ice cubes.
Thanks. As you can see, I got bored.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
awesome TR. T3 aint lookin too hot though... does SQ fly out of T2 or no?
Most SQ flights fly out of T3. Only a few fly out of T2.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
Yes, the kids meal was pretty dry. I can't rem if it was daylight all the way but most pax were awake. yes, the blinds were shut. It was daylight by our body clocks. I recall it was very hard to fall asleep.
If flight time was 1330 then that would be +7-8 on for Singapore or 2030-2130 in Singapore when you took off from London. With a flight time of 12 hours that would mean you landed the following morning so you must have flown through the night

I don't think I've ever had a daylight flight all the way from London to anywhere in South East Asia I think the 10-12 hour flights added to the 7-8 hours on GMT means that your always going to catch at least part of the night.

Travelling back is a different matter, had plenty of day time flights back from Asia to London when they leave before noon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.