Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Spring Break in Australia & Russia (CX F, SQ Suites, QF A380 F, BA F, LH F & OZ F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring Break in Australia & Russia (CX F, SQ Suites, QF A380 F, BA F, LH F & OZ F)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bugsy
I came to this trip report intending to just skim the QF F section, decided to take a quick look at the first installment or two before moving to the QF part, and ended up reading every word.

Wonderfully written very informative report. Thanks for taking the time to write and post it.
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad people have enjoyed it and actually had the patience to read the whole thing given that almost everything I reviewed has been beaten to death.

Originally Posted by andset1191
Utterly utterly unbelievable trip report - one of the finest I've ever had the fortune to read.

I have to agree with your thoughts on the Concorde Room at Heathrow - the bathrooms sorely need redeveloped.

I also would encourage you to communicate your opinions with BA about the Elemis spa at Heathrow - the receptionists there are uniformly rude and require urgent customer service training.
Thanks for the comments and suggestion. I only hope to make my future reports even better!

Even though I don't expect anything of it - I will write to BA about that dismal Elemis Spa experience. I know rules are rules, but to be treated with such indifference and lack of finesse in a First product was really disappointing.

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
What a wonderful report. I loved the attention to detail and the fantastic photography.
Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
Very impressiv trip report and itinerary!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:50 am
JSC

Fantastic read and well done on producing a detailed, engaging and colourful report.

Originally Posted by tng11
Even though I don't expect anything of it - I will write to BA about that dismal Elemis Spa experience. I know rules are rules, but to be treated with such indifference and lack of finesse in a First product was really disappointing.
I would encourage you to be very frank when you write to BA about the dismal service you got in the Spa. As well as the usual email channel I would suggest you also send a twitter to @British_Airways as they are active in monitoring that and are more likely to respond.

Thanks again.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Awesome report It is a shame the seafood on the SQ flight was rubbery, it is always like this? I love the EK F lounge in Dubai, it is very easy to find a space to yourself.

i have to agree with the CCR being awful compared to those in Asia. makes me embarrassed to be British.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JSC
Fantastic read and well done on producing a detailed, engaging and colourful report.

I would encourage you to be very frank when you write to BA about the dismal service you got in the Spa. As well as the usual email channel I would suggest you also send a twitter to @British_Airways as they are active in monitoring that and are more likely to respond.

Thanks again.
Thanks JSC. I got a canned response from BA, so I may take the Twitter route.

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Awesome report It is a shame the seafood on the SQ flight was rubbery, it is always like this? I love the EK F lounge in Dubai, it is very easy to find a space to yourself.

i have to agree with the CCR being awful compared to those in Asia. makes me embarrassed to be British.
Thanks GodAtum. I don't know what happened with the SQ Kaiseki menu - but my experience with cold/chilled shellfish served in the air has been consistently bad (on LH and SQ.)

And yes, the upside to the EK F lounge is that indeed there's no shortage of space. I hope to have the good fortune to fly EK F one day.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
The Quantas lounge is just mouth-watering. Now I really want to visit Sydney! Too bad that CX's food quality is ever-declining...

WAIT, did you make this trip in Spring Break alone!?

Last edited by nsolitude; Jul 20, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Great report; I had to split it up and read it over a few days! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Dynamite trip report. I thoroughly enjoyed it
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsolitude
The Quantas lounge is just mouth-watering. Now I really want to visit Sydney! Too bad that CX's food quality is ever-declining...

WAIT, did you make this trip in Spring Break alone!?
Yep. I love travelling solo, for all the interesting and like-minded people I meet along the way.

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Great report; I had to split it up and read it over a few days! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks kyushuman! It was time consuming to write it all out, so I'm pleased to hear you had the patience to actually read it!

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Dynamite trip report. I thoroughly enjoyed it
Thanks Annalisa12! Enjoy your trip in SQ Suites - it's truly the bomb. It's the one product that I have an insatiable desire to experience again (and boy was I lucky to score a SIN-FRA-JFK seat for February!)
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Interesting to read about the Qantas First Class seats. You said the beds were more comfy than any other product. I loved the beds with SQ but the route to go with them in Suites to the US is ridiculously long and expensive. The F class cabin looks very open and not that appealing. Interesting that you rated it highly. Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I am sure that if BA or AA had the same cost base of EK or SQ, their offerings would be better...
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Very enjoyable read! Great TR with useful information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.