Reload this Page >

To Patagonia (Torres del Paine) in Delta Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To Patagonia (Torres del Paine) in Delta Business

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Thanks for the report...nice pictures. What kind of equipment did DL operate ATL to SCL?
Old May 30, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: DELTA MM
NICE TR....we did a similar trip (on DL Biz) in Nov/Dec 2013.....we also hiked to base of Towers.....We stayed at Singular for 3 nights......Fantastic Property! Great Trip!
Old May 30, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Thanks for the report...nice pictures. What kind of equipment did DL operate ATL to SCL?
Duh, sorry, will include on future TR's!

FNT-ATL: 717
ATL-SCL: 767-400
SCL-ATL: 767-400
ATL-FNT: A320

Originally Posted by AtlantaTraveller
We stayed at Singular for 3 nights......Fantastic Property! Great Trip!
Yeah, the photos for that hotel were beautiful! A touch above our budget, but it looked like a very enjoyable place to stay.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Wow! I'm going on a DL MR in July and I think I now know exactly what I'm going to use the points for. Fantastic pictures. Phenomenal place
Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:40 am

Nice report, but is a whole iceburg lettuce chopped in half passable, seriously, as a salad? How are you supposed to toss it, chop it up first then apply dressing? Who came up with such an idea?
Looks like the cheapest salad I've ever seen!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wonderful pictures and report. Thanks for posting. ^
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: USAir, Marriott
Fantastic pictures. Have been to Punta Arenas before but did not get a chance to go to Torres del Paine. Thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Great report and great pictures, dickerso. I'll be heading there in mid March also. A few curiosities (I realize this is now 2 years later, so no worry if you don't remember):

-Around what time did it get dark daily?

-Regarding the boat ride from Refugio Grey to Hosteria Lago Grey, was it scenic? I was told a glacier cruise is quite nice and wonder if this is the one. As you point out, less useful as a mode of transportation since it doesn't operate during high wind (and the park is notorious is wind, I understand).

-Regarding this picture (https://www.flickr.com/photos/101430...6/14055342477/), is this the John Gardner Pass?

-Did you have to prepay for dinner @ refugio in advance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.