Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Live TP Run: Hawaii and San Juan Double TP Run!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: billinghamn
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond

Intro

So I am really excited to announce that my next TP run will be starting tomorrow. And it's going to be a double TP run - a BRU-LHR/LCY-JFK/EWR-LAX-HNL trip with a nested HNL-LAX-MIA-SJU trip. I really enjoyed my last TP run which you can read here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ack-twice.html. So I had to come back for more, and this is the big one.

I've wondered what I could do differently this time with my trip report. I am sure we are all fairly bored of pictures of planes, aircraft interiors and the food, so what could I do that will make this trip report different? I think I need to apologise now because I am almost certainly going to resort to those sorts of pictures anyway, just to break up the text.

Any suggestions about how I can make this trip report a little different, please post them here and I'll see what I can do.

This one is really special since it's my GGL qualification TP run. I've got a Holiday Strategy (don't laugh) which outlines my approach to maintaining BAEC status, taking advantage of the benefits that status offers, and building up a crock of Avios that my wife and I can dip into when we have retired. I have submitted it to the wife for approval, and she is currently considering it. Meanwhile I am cracking on and putting it into action. Achieving GGL status is the key goal to allow us to use jokers and go to the fab places in F that are either impossible to get via normal redemptions, or are never in the sales (SYD and CPT to name a couple).

I sometimes wonder whether spending a week on my travels without my better half is a good thing or not. However whenever I start talking about it with Mrs billinghamn, she quickly gets my case out and starts packing stuff for me. I think that says it all. So I am not going to feel too guilty about going on an adventure on my own.

So this post is the introduction to my TP run with live updates. I'll post a few more details about my trip later tonight.

[Note to the MODS: I'll drop a pm out in a bit, but I'd really appreciate it if we can leave this thread in the BAEC forum until at least my trip is over - after all it is about GGL qualification. I've seen a few threads moved over to the Trip Reports forum and no one heads over there, and I don't want my thread to get lonely - after all the whole point of these sorts of things is the interaction that you get from people contributing their thoughts and ideas]
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Wow, good luck Billinghamn! I think you're crazy, but the reports make for interesting reading
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I'm not sure I have any suggestions but I would echo your plea to leave the TR in the main forum.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Looking forward to it. Enjoyed your last one.

BTW, what is your wife doing this time while you undertake this one?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:57 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Billinghamn,

Enjoy your trip, looking forward to your trip report.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
subscribed yet again billinghamn enjoy.....
John
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96

Ooh - that's a good question. I wonder why she has had a smile on her face for the past few days! Obviously planning on partying without me.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Who doesnt like a good old adventure
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Oh and just made my first mistake. I am so excited I got my travel dates wrong! I'm not leaving tomorrow, I'm leaving on Wed!!!

I am a plonker...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:13 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Oh and just made my first mistake. I am so excited I got my travel dates wrong! I'm not leaving tomorrow, I'm leaving on Wed!!!

I am a plonker...
Billinghamn,

Hope your wife is still smiling, now you advised her, you are leaving wednesday iso tomorrow
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dutch_122
Billinghamn,

Hope your wife is still smiling, now you advised her, you are leaving wednesday iso tomorrow
When she gets home perhaps she will have to make some urgent phone calls!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by wrp96

^ Let's hear from billinghamv!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I look forward to this as I have a similar run in May. I'd be to keen to read how all your transfers went and general timing matters.

Have an excellent trip

H
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
I can only speak for myself, but I rather like pictures of planes, aircraft interiors and the food
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:34 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Looking forward to this!
Can I ask what do you tell US immigration about the purpose of your trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.