Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Japan - Toasty warm toilet seats a review (with a little bit of flying thrown in)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan - Toasty warm toilet seats a review (with a little bit of flying thrown in)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator with 1 */Hilton Diamond for Life / Starwood Gold for Life /Marriott Platinum
Some rooms at the J.W.Marriott in Seoul have these fitted, regretfully the room I presently occupy does not.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:24 am

I have the Brondell Swash 1000, and nice unit that retrofits onto your existing toilet in about 10 minutes. I very nice setup for around USD500.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Deepest apologies for not rounding off the trip report, work has been bonkers so I just haven't gotten round to finishing things off.

The flight home wasn't particularly exciting I'm afraid, the only highlight was me throwing red wine all over myself as I always seem to do when flying club. I really should learn to be less clumsy.

Anyways I'm off to AUS on Monday on BA's 788 so do a mini TR so everyone knows what life is like in the boiler room of a Dreamliner.

In the mean time, here are some snaps of the food on the way home. Till next time folks!

BA6 NRT-LHR CW

Lunch -

Starter/Salad - Prawn with spicy yuzu salsa and green tea noodles - nice and fresh and tasty

Main course - Grilled chicken with basil butter - couldn't taste the basil but ok in other respects

Cheese - something blue, something orange, ok, port made it better

Light Meal before landing

Starter - Marinated salmon with vegetable salsa - good, but then it is a few strips of smoked salmon so I dare say even BA couldn't screw that up.

Main course - Crabmeat au gratin with mashed potatoes - cheesy crab stuff was good but took ages to arrive so was forced to eat my fruit after my starter!

Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
Enjoyed your trip report. Where do you travel to next?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frontrangeFF
Enjoyed your trip report. Where do you travel to next?
Austin on Monday, on the BA screamliner no less.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Very nice report. 2nd service on flights from Japan looks much better than the finger sandwiches they serve to the US. Did they offer dessert as well?

What I do find rather poor is the fact that they make you chose between cheese or dessert, not both like most airlines offer.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH4116
Very nice report. 2nd service on flights from Japan looks much better than the finger sandwiches they serve to the US. Did they offer dessert as well?

What I do find rather poor is the fact that they make you chose between cheese or dessert, not both like most airlines offer.
The 2nd meal came with fruit which is fairly appropriate given the time of day, we landed into LHR at around 15:00.

I'm sure if you asked they would give you both, I just tend to not each such things so I didn't test out the theory.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looks like someone else had also thrown some red wine into the cabin divider space so i guess you are not alone.

I enjoyed the report
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
Thanks for that post which I read with increasing amazement. I am sat here in the UK dreading going to my er...bog_standard plastic and cold bum seat. 😩
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I've only just discovered this amazing report but have to say it's unfortunate that the company policy may not allow the OP to fly on JL or NH which boast washlets on board their newer aircraft. Unfortunately I don't have photos of toilet lids/seats to contribute but here are a couple taken on NH's Dreamliner.

Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I've only just discovered this amazing report but have to say it's unfortunate that the company policy may not allow the OP to fly on JL or NH which boast washlets on board their newer aircraft. Unfortunately I don't have photos of toilet lids/seats to contribute but here are a couple taken on NH's Dreamliner.

Glad you enjoyed it, I have freedom of carrier, just not class (unless I'm paying) and I'm planning on trying JL next time out as I've heard a lot of good things about their Y product.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:45 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I have had one of this toilets attack me when i pressed the shower button ( i did not even sit on the toilet yet) fair to say it was quite scary

Last edited by howtofreetravel; Jul 19, 2014 at 10:43 pm
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Joely
What App did you use? Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Joely
Glad you enjoyed it, I have freedom of carrier, just not class (unless I'm paying) and I'm planning on trying JL next time out as I've heard a lot of good things about their Y product.
You may need to upgrade if flying on JL as they may not have washlets in Y according to this post.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marschel
What App did you use? Thanks.
That is waze

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.