Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Honeymooning in Australia, Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Dubai (UA/EK/BA F, SQ J)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymooning in Australia, Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Dubai (UA/EK/BA F, SQ J)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Certainly going to have to get myself to Rangali Island at some point. Incredible trip report. Perhaps as good as those by legendary SFO777.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXUA
Certainly going to have to get myself to Rangali Island at some point. Incredible trip report. Perhaps as good as those by legendary SFO777.
Thanks so much for reading!

For someone that's still learning how to write up good trip reports, that's one of the best compliments I could ask for ^
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Thanks for sharing as I really enjoyed this. Visited CM a couple of years ago and we are dying to go back! The diving as well as the food was amazing! Did you guys get to see some mantas? Too bad, I didn't meet any other Flyertalkers there. Looking back, I should've engaged with the other guests!

Also, glad you had a great time with Aman in Sri Lanka. We had our first Aman experience in Bali last year and it really puts all other hotels/resorts to shame. Again, thanks for sharing your epic trip, brought back some great memories!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:36 am

Awesome trip! Thx for sharing! Out of curiosity, how much $/points/miles a trip like this cost? (if you wanna share)
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
What a wonderful report, thanks for all the great pictures!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Thanks for sharing as I really enjoyed this. Visited CM a couple of years ago and we are dying to go back! The diving as well as the food was amazing! Did you guys get to see some mantas? Too bad, I didn't meet any other Flyertalkers there. Looking back, I should've engaged with the other guests!

Also, glad you had a great time with Aman in Sri Lanka. We had our first Aman experience in Bali last year and it really puts all other hotels/resorts to shame. Again, thanks for sharing your epic trip, brought back some great memories!
So glad that I could help bring back some great memories! Unfortunately, we didn't catch any mantas while diving but did see a couple hanging out along the bridge at night which fantastic to watch, can only imagine how cool it'd be to see them while diving.

Originally Posted by flo7002
Awesome trip! Thx for sharing! Out of curiosity, how much $/points/miles a trip like this cost? (if you wanna share)
Thanks for reading! In total we spent 250k miles on flights and 515k points on hotels (mostly Hilton points so the number is a bit inflated). Since it was our honeymoon we definitely splurged more than usual, mainly on the ex-CMB flights home ($2k/ticket), stay at the Amangalla ($600/night which I believe is actually the lowest cost Aman property), and the Wolgan Valley stay ($1500/night but can actually be booked with 65,000 EK miles instead).

Other than those three big-ticket items and since we used points/miles for everything else, only other costs were food/transportation and a couple domestic flights within Australia.

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
What a wonderful report, thanks for all the great pictures!
Thanks so much for reading, bthotugigem05!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Excellent report and as many others have commented, really nice pictures. Yet another underwhelming BA experience, it's a shame they don't step it up. Looks the Maldives and Australia didn't disappoint!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Fantastic report. I am looking forward to your next TR
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:16 pm

Outstanding

I'm floored!!! You deserve some type of FT medal
Thank you for sharing, great pictures as well.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Digital01
Excellent report and as many others have commented, really nice pictures. Yet another underwhelming BA experience, it's a shame they don't step it up. Looks the Maldives and Australia didn't disappoint!
Absolutely not! I'm dying to get back to Australia, and would like be great to get over to New Zealand as well.

Originally Posted by csidler
Fantastic report. I am looking forward to your next TR
Thanks, csidler! Ask and you shall receive, next trip report will be coming in about a month.

Originally Posted by bizum
I'm floored!!! You deserve some type of FT medal
Thank you for sharing, great pictures as well.
Thanks so much, bizum! The FT community has some seriously amazing trip reporters, so I'd be far behind the pros in line for a FT medal
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I usually like to wait until all of the installments are in before reading an incremental report, but in so doing, some slip between the cracks a bit. I'm glad this one popped back up - what a wonderful honeymoon and a great trip report. Your pictures are superb! Here's wishing you and Mrs. sfoactuary many happy years together, as well as a few more honeymoons of this caliber!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:42 pm

I have a hobby reading a variety of trip reports while i'm not travelling. I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures and writing style. I also forwarded this to a family member.

Thanks for sharing.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:22 pm

Love the detailed reports and all the photos. What a wonderful multi trips honeymoon thanks for writing & sharing!
Old May 28, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I usually like to wait until all of the installments are in before reading an incremental report, but in so doing, some slip between the cracks a bit. I'm glad this one popped back up - what a wonderful honeymoon and a great trip report. Your pictures are superb! Here's wishing you and Mrs. sfoactuary many happy years together, as well as a few more honeymoons of this caliber!
Thanks so much, Seat2A! Really enjoy reading your trip reports as well, hopefully there's one coming soon

Originally Posted by hebbinator
I have a hobby reading a variety of trip reports while i'm not travelling. I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures and writing style. I also forwarded this to a family member.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks hebbinator - that probably means you're on the hook for planning the next family trip!

Originally Posted by sheevac
Love the detailed reports and all the photos. What a wonderful multi trips honeymoon thanks for writing & sharing!
Thanks for reading!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.