Wiki Posts
Search

AA vs. AS on PDX-ORD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum 3 Million Miler, Alaska MVP Gold
AA vs. AS on PDX-ORD

I decided on a Saturday mileage run from PDX-ORD flying AA on the outbound and AS on the return. Sorry no pics, but here are the specifics.

AA 2218 PDX-ORD
737-800 Sky Interior
Seat: 5F

Boarding commenced at 6:30 am for a 7:00 departure. Load: 100% in F/80% in Y. No PDB. FA did not acknowledge menu pre-orders: Breakfast choice was Quiche or Cereal. Received my first choice. Quiche was OK. Drinks refilled often. Cabin Crew pleasant. Movie shown on flip down screen. No cookies prior to landing. Aircraft was great: seats comfy, power ports converted, ambient lighting a nice touch. Arrived at Gate K19 early.
Grade: 7.5/10. Very comfortable cabin, but inflight service only average.

AS 675 ORD-PDX
737-700 Seat 2F

AS contracts with AA at ORD and their Gate L1 is a sad place: carpet bare, only a few broken down chairs and a tiny window. Spent most of my time waiting at L10 staring at a gorgeous Qatar 773. Boarding commenced at 4:30pm for a 5:00pm departure. Load: 100% in F/50% in Y. PDB of chilled water. Seat had less pitch and width than AA's, but my backpack fit nicely under the seat. No power ports. Digi-players handed out after take-off with a great selection.Drinks and warm nuts followed. Only 1 meal option: the infamous ravioli with squash and a salad, but the portion was good. 2 cookies for dessert. Outstanding Cabin Crew never took a break.
Grade:8/10 AS rarely beats AA in my experience and while the food still needs improvement, the Cabin Crew was at the top of their game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.