A Journey Through Kyrgyzstan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Journey Through Kyrgyzstan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Wow amazing! Central Asia seems to be the most popular destination on FT.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Wow great pictures!

I'm guessing Bishkek is safe? The people do look friendly
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
Excellent TR. Seeing a world that I probably never get to go to. Thanks and keep them coming.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Awesome report. Definitely one of the best I have seen on FT. I too am interested in camera details. I'm just about to purchase one for my upcoming trip to S.A. and Falklands and want to know what you used for this. Did pano shots require a special lens or was that just a simple camera feature?

Also...

Do you know Russian? Was English useful in Bishkek?

Your report ends just before crossing into Uzbekistan. How did that crossing go? What did you do there?

Can you provide contact info for the organizers of the road trip?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, EK Skywards, Hilton Hhonors. No Mucci, but have a far more useful Gucci (wallet).
Great pictures and well covered the locals too. Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
I've enjoyed every line and picture of your fascinating TR. Thank you for sharing.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, DL, BA
Some of the best pictures I have seen at FT.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: aa exp
Add my voice to the chorus, amazing report. Would love to visit there some day. Very cool.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA MM
Very nice TR. Good people pix and beautiful countryside. I got envious pretty quickly
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, for all the positive feedback, guys! Definitely one of those trips I'll never forget.

Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Looks like an absolutely brilliant trip. Added to the todo list! Who did you arrange the tour through?
It's was a Dragoman Trip, although I organised it through Intrepid (i.e. they were the booking agents).

Originally Posted by rankourabu
wow.... great photos... brings back memories.. Kyrgyzstan is my favourite stan!

What time of the year was it at Altyn Arashan?... I remember even in July it was snowing there, great setting for hot springs!

Did you enjoy your Dragoman trip? I`ve done a couple trips with them, and I never thought I`d see another Dragoman trip report on FT!
It was just last month, so we were in Altyn Arashan about October 12th. Yes, loved the Dragoman experience, great group of people to travel with too

Originally Posted by TProphet
Unbelievable pictures, what did you take these with?
Just my Canon 5D3 and most with the 17-40mm lens.

Originally Posted by SEAskyrider
To echo everyone else here, truly awesome, awesome photos. You have a talented eye for capturing moments worth sharing. And the small details are so crisp. May I ask what lenses you used? Award-winning images - keep it up!
Most shots were with the Canon 17-40mm, plus a couple of primes, a 24m f1.4 & a 50mm f1.2.

Originally Posted by slocouple
Thanks for a great trip report. We have done two trips with Intrepid travel (OP mentions Intrepid was the tour operator) ...18 days Egypt and Jordan (staying in small hotels) was the first, then 2 weeks Kenya and Tanzania in the same type of vehicle as OP, with the same camping arrangement. Always a fun mix of Aussies, Kiwis, Canadians and a few Americans, Europeans or Asians. https://www.intrepidtravel.com/
Yes, I've had al lot fo fun with Intrepid too! This is the trip we did. The actual trip was run by Dragoman though (Intrepid were the booking agents).

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/kyrgyz...yrgyzstan-2090

Originally Posted by lsed
Wow great pictures!
I'm guessing Bishkek is safe? The people do look friendly
I didn't feel unsafe at all. They say to keep in groups after dark, but same with most cities I guess.

Originally Posted by Stripe
Awesome report. Definitely one of the best I have seen on FT. I too am interested in camera details. I'm just about to purchase one for my upcoming trip to S.A. and Falklands and want to know what you used for this. Did pano shots require a special lens or was that just a simple camera feature?

Also...

Do you know Russian? Was English useful in Bishkek?

Your report ends just before crossing into Uzbekistan. How did that crossing go? What did you do there?

Can you provide contact info for the organizers of the road trip?
My camera is a Canon 5D Mk3. The pano shots don't need a special lens, but just need the right computer software to stitch them together (I used photoshop). I don't know Russian, most locals understand basic english in Bishkek.

The crossing into Uzbekistan was quite stringent. They wanted to search everyone's bags, even checked the photo's on my iPad and camera. All part of the experience I guess. We stayed one night in Ferghana city and one night in Tashkent before I flew home, but most of the group carried on. The truck actually carries on all the way to Istanbul so you could keep on going through Turkmenistan, Georgia etc..
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Very nice! I was there last year in Bishkek and Osh, and loved every minute of it.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:43 am

Wow what an amazing trip report. Loved the pictures. Thanks for posting.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
DanielW - these are fantastic. The landscapes are very impressive!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:52 am

Fascinating! Thank you!
You're a brilliant photographer.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Stunning photos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.