A Trip To Afghanistan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Trip To Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I spent around 7 hours reading through all your trip reports the past weekend. Unreal. Thank you again for sharing this with us! It really helped me make a decision on where to check out next!

Really appreciate the details as well(agencies used, how many days you on each trip etc)! ^
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Loved the black and white shots.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: Meh
Not sure how I missed that TR. I could feel the suspense given Kabul's reputation. Were you 'on-guard' at all during the trip or simply relaxed and taking it all in?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I spent around 7 hours reading through all your trip reports the past weekend. Unreal. Thank you again for sharing this with us! It really helped me make a decision on where to check out next!

Really appreciate the details as well(agencies used, how many days you on each trip etc)! ^
Thanks, SKYEG. Other TR's are often a good source for planning a trip, so good to return the favour with the details too.
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Loved the black and white shots.
Thanks, I generally stick to colour, but some shots generally suit B&W more.
Originally Posted by stevie
Not sure how I missed that TR. I could feel the suspense given Kabul's reputation. Were you 'on-guard' at all during the trip or simply relaxed and taking it all in?
It was my first real adventurous so I was definitely on guard, I was well looked after though so it was still very enjoyable.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Fascinating! First ordinary pictures I've seen of life inside Afghanistan. Just wondering how you organised the tour and security guard?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jahason
Fascinating! First ordinary pictures I've seen of life inside Afghanistan. Just wondering how you organised the tour and security guard?
Thanks, jahason. The trip was just organised through these guys:
Afghan Logistics Tours - Leading Travel Company in Afghanistan
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:33 pm

Every time I go through Kabul airport. They make me pay because they say my visa is fake......Like anyone would want to illegally be in Afghanistan smh
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kenny23692
Every time I go through Kabul airport. They make me pay because they say my visa is fake......Like anyone would want to illegally be in Afghanistan smh
Of Course, one of the hot-spot leisure-vacations
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, Bonvoy LT TE, SIXT Diamond, AVIS President, HERTZ President
Brrrr... my earlier bodyguard was sitting in one of these destroyed tanks on your photos.

He told horrific stories about his time in Afghanistan right before they USSR moved the troops out.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:02 pm

@DanielW great trip report.
May I ask, how much did you pay to a local agency for this trip?
You can send me a private message if you don‘t want to tell here.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anonimous
@DanielW great trip report.
May I ask, how much did you pay to a local agency for this trip?
You can send me a private message if you don‘t want to tell here.
The price was about $600 and included everything, i.e. food, accommodation, guard, guide, driver etc.
anonimous likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by DanielW
The price was about $600 and included everything, i.e. food, accommodation, guard, guide, driver etc.
Thanks a lot, but $600 is highest limit for just 1,5 day tour, maybe due to extra costs for a security guard. Normally in 2020/21 the tourists are traveling inside the country without a security guard.
Perhaps you paid for a tour in advance, otherwise you will not get documents required for a visa. This is quite risky in case your visa application will be denied.
May I ask how have you managed this?

Last edited by anonimous; Apr 23, 2021 at 4:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.