Big Plane! Heavy Plane! Short-haul A380s with BA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by Polomarc
Great TR, good photos. What a relief you got on the later flight
Overall happy with the product or?
Glad you enjoyed Polomarc. The hard product whilst not innovative, it is rather nice. I've have good nights sleep aboard CWLCY and CW mainline products before, and it felt as comfortable as that.

I was happy enough with it (although the most I'd normally see of the A380 would be World Traveller Plus... Club World is just out of range of my pocket...)
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Nice trip report, thanks!

How is the storage space in the A380's CW seat?

I find the B744's CW seat to be frustratingly lacking in any storage areas, I think it must have less storage than the JAL Economy seat I sat in recently! Unless you're fortunate to have an upper deck window, of course, but that is special to a few seats on only the 744.

Is it still all-bags-up for takeoff and landing on the A380? Any storage spaces at all?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I have to fly to London in January. I doubt I will be so happy to get the A380. So I book Economy, Club Europe really isnīt worth it since I know get Lounge Access via Marco Polo Gold
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
Nice trip report, thanks!

How is the storage space in the A380's CW seat?

I find the B744's CW seat to be frustratingly lacking in any storage areas, I think it must have less storage than the JAL Economy seat I sat in recently! Unless you're fortunate to have an upper deck window, of course, but that is special to a few seats on only the 744.

Is it still all-bags-up for takeoff and landing on the A380? Any storage spaces at all?
On the lower deck, the storage bins are exactly the same (a tray for laptops and miscellany, and your bags in the overhead). Pretty much the same. I would hope there are side bins on the upper deck, but as we weren't allowed up there, I couldn't tell you sadly...

It's still clear floor for takeoff and landing as it is emergency exit requirement.

Glad you enjoyed flatlander

Originally Posted by offerendum
I have to fly to London in January. I doubt I will be so happy to get the A380. So I book Economy, Club Europe really isnīt worth it since I know get Lounge Access via Marco Polo Gold
For a short haul leg - unless you needed Tier Points or such, I'd actively avoid Club Europe - it's honestly not worth it (even if they stuck a proper business class in rather than EuroBusiness).

If it's part of a connecting ticket to a long haul segment, it's not a bad thing.

Remember the CX Card will give you access to the T5 Galleries Club lounges, and not the First lounge....

To be honest, I booked club as that what was available on the BA booking engine for redemptions... Club Europe seats were plentiful... EuroTraveller was packed in comparison...
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
[QUOTE=Kevincm;21444900]

If it's part of a connecting ticket to a long haul segment, it's not a bad thing.

Remember the CX Card will give you access to the T5 Galleries Club lounges, and not the First lounge....
[QUOTE]

Of course. On long haul I always take a connection flight with Club Europe
@ Lounges: I know, but neither the Club Europe ticket do. So no Concorde room this time....
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
Originally Posted by Kevincm

Of course. On long haul I always take a connection flight with Club Europe
@ Lounges: I know, but neither the Club Europe ticket do. So no Concorde room this time....
Always a good idea. Just don't spend too much time in the lounge though and miss your flight!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.