The Trip of a Million Lifetimes: 30 F/J Flights Around the World in 69 Days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Trip of a Million Lifetimes: 30 F/J Flights Around the World in 69 Days

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Sounds like fun. But, you've started a thread that won't pay off for 2-3 months?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Wow.. What an awesome trip. Totally cool you could swing a 3 month vacation and keep a job. I can't even really swing more than 5 days off in a row.

Also, it's a killer example of how you can really "cash in" those points and miles and get a lot of value out of them. A good lesson for anyone.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Wow - definitely in for this one. Enjoy it...no matter how much you've traveled your first long RTW trip will be magical. I finally did it myself about two years ago, and there's something about it that just makes it different than a 1-3 week trip to a couple destinations.

My report on mine is at this link if you're interested.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: United
you will have seen the entire planet after this trip - where are you going next? =D looking forward to the trip reports which will probably take me 69 days to finish...
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Words fail me - totally outstandingly stupendously awesome
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver, LH, AF
Wow!

What a trip! Good luck with all the flights, look fwd to reading.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Awesome!

Though I find the title of this thread a bit misleading "The Trip of a Million Lifetimes: 30 F/J Flights Around the World in 69 Days." Looking at your itinerary, of the 32 or so segments, around nine are in Y and not more than two in F. True, not all flights offer F and some not even J. Yet, the thread title gave the impression this will be a report of premium cabins only.

In any case, I hope you will have a memorable trip around the globe!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
This trip looks amazing. Sure puts that simple 14 day Scandinavia cruise that my husband and I did when we were 30 and 29 (right before starting a family) to shame! In any event, this time in your life is a great time to travel -- 20 and 30 somethings who can bank some serious points should definitely cash them in for something spectacular before having kids.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: US SP, JetBlue Mosaic, AMEX Plat
Hell yea, I'm subscribed to this thread. Wow.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
spectacular!! can't wait to read, and turn green with jealousy.

cheers, t
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
WOW

Looking forward to this one. Buckling in for the long run..

Eric
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Subbed. Looks like a good one!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Perhaps you should have done better spending more time in 4-5 countries than touring randomly the World like that... Also, why starting a thread so early with so many posts to come? Trying to "churn" page visits...?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Sign. Me. UP! Have a great trip, can't wait to read about it so I can vicariously experience it.. and not have to burn any miles/points...
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Perhaps you should have done better spending more time in 4-5 countries than touring randomly the World like that... Also, why starting a thread so early with so many posts to come? Trying to "churn" page visits...?
Different strokes for different folks, dude. Some people, myself very much included prefer to see as much as I can and as diverse a selection as possible in a short period of time. I find that most any city can be at least mostly tackled in at most three nights.

And I don't see the problem with what he's done. It's not like he just made a bunch of "reserved post X" posts, rather he gave us a really well thought-out and organized introduction to the trip report that is to come. The suspense will be good for you. He's not getting ad revenue or anything for page views, so other than FT "fame" I can't see a reason anyone would "churn" page visits...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.