Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in paradise: Maldives and Singapore (WN Y, CZ J, MH J, DL F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon in paradise: Maldives and Singapore (WN Y, CZ J, MH J, DL F)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by bobbob1976
Great read so far! Looking forward to the rest :-)
Thanks
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Have my honeymoon planned next May at the Conrad. What were the honeymoon benefits beyond those of gold status?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: SQ
Skymiles save the day again! For as much hating as SM get on this site, if you just learn how to search availability you can enjoy trips like this one rather easily.

Funny how all 3 of the CZ meals are Chinese food. Air China usually does a Western/Chinese option which makes it better for those who don't like 'real' Chinese food. I'm guessing the majority of the passengers were Chinese?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Great Trip Report! Glad to hear you and your wife had a great time The photos are amazing!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club
Great TR, love the pics, makes me want to go now!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Have my honeymoon planned next May at the Conrad. What were the honeymoon benefits beyond those of gold status?
There were a few honeymoon perks, including champagne in place of the red wine that golds receive, $100 credit towards an excursion, and a 3-course meal at Mandhoo restaurant. They were quite nice perks

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Skymiles save the day again! For as much hating as SM get on this site, if you just learn how to search availability you can enjoy trips like this one rather easily.

Completely agree. Skymiles are nearly useless if you're trying to book travel on Delta, but they offer a ton of redemption options on partners. They're really a good value with some legwork.

Funny how all 3 of the CZ meals are Chinese food. Air China usually does a Western/Chinese option which makes it better for those who don't like 'real' Chinese food. I'm guessing the majority of the passengers were Chinese?
Definitely - I would say that there was a max of 5-10% non-Chinese on the LAX-CAN flights, and far fewer on the CAN-MLE leg.

Originally Posted by chicagodesi
Great TR, love the pics, makes me want to go now!
As well you should!

Unfortunately, work is quite busy now that I'm back and I haven't found time to update the last few legs. I'll try to fill in bits and pieces today, but I likely won't be able to get much done before the weekend. Sorry, folks!

Upcoming - Singapore and lots of hawker food!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
So that's why they asked for your marriage certificate? Just to prove you are indeed married? I guess they need to do this to preventing others from faking it....
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Great report. We went to the live music night @ Rangali bar one night and the vocalist was really bad so you probably didn't miss anything. I think most guests just prefer star gazing in their villas.

Looking forward to the hawker stalls. They are great.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Did you stay in a standard entry level water villa? We're doing 11 nights, and I'm trying to debate if it's worth upgrading for $175/night for maybe 3-4 days. Looks like you had a rather private deck area?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by vxmike
Did you stay in a standard entry level water villa? We're doing 11 nights, and I'm trying to debate if it's worth upgrading for $175/night for maybe 3-4 days. Looks like you had a rather private deck area?
If it's your first time, I definitely recommending splitting your stay between the beach and water villas
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vxmike
Yeah, this is the standard over-water villa. The deck is totally private. Although we were between two other villas, there's a really nice and high privacy barrier between them in addition to the physical separation. Here's a view from the water so you can see the villas together.

Over-water villa - we were the one in the middle (my blue shirt is draped on the back of the lounge chair)

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
If it's your first time, I definitely recommending splitting your stay between the beach and water villas
I think splitting is a great idea - we had a blast at our beach villa, and honestly preferred the beach villa in terms of room functionality and room/bathroom amenity (an outdoor bathtub and shower is pretty fantastic). That said, you really can't beat your own plunge pool on the deck with a perfect view (served best with champagne).

Last edited by timmy83; Jul 17, 2013 at 7:43 pm
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Great trip report! We were there last December and Bernice joined us during one of our dives. Maldives truly has amazing underwater beauty! We also stayed there for 6 nights and upraded our last night to an OWV.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:54 am

I loved the LO VE champagne glasses. Nice touch!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, SPG Gold
I will never get tired of trip reports to the Maldives! Thanks for sharing your travel experience.

One of these days I'll get around to doing a report for our stay which was way back in Oct '12
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:58 pm

Thanks for the reminder that our Singapore/Maldives TR is long overdue!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.