Asia Adventure - CX, EK, TG, RJ, PG - F&J + IC Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Adventure - CX, EK, TG, RJ, PG - F&J + IC Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Excellent TR. The Cathay J Class, (and F if can ever find it on a route I'm travelling on) seem excellent.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by greasy
Amazing amazing report, it refreshes so many of my memories in HK, KL, and Thailand. And all the different airlines. Great story, and belated happy bday.
Thanks! We don't discuss age anymore

Originally Posted by spizzy
Excellent TR. The Cathay J Class, (and F if can ever find it on a route I'm travelling on) seem excellent.
I thought Cathay were outstanding. I am a VERY loyal BA girl but I must say if I had a choice I would take Cathay every time. They were completely amazing. I have also had great experiences when I was flying economy last time I travelled the Far East so it is not just premium cabins in my experience.

Regards

aks120
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Wow, what a trip! Thank you so much for the report! I really enjoyed reading it.

I think we would be good travelling companions as you did a very similar trip to what I would do.

do you think CX F is a big difference from CX J?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Wow wow wow - both the trip and the story.

Thanks for sharing!

Greg
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by blueline7
Wow, what a trip! Thank you so much for the report! I really enjoyed reading it.

I think we would be good travelling companions as you did a very similar trip to what I would do.

do you think CX F is a big difference from CX J?
Glad to think there is someone else out there as daft as me about travel! I didn't think the hard product of CX F was a huge leap from J but the food, wine and service was definitely a step up. It was just the overall experience that made F that little bit more special.

Originally Posted by greg99
Wow wow wow - both the trip and the story.

Thanks for sharing!

Greg
I am glad you enjoyed it - it was worth the effort when I see that people have enjoyed my report!

aks120
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Loved the report. Thanks. I flew Cathay Pacific once years ago from Taipei to HK and I remember being very impressed. That was the old HK airport, and I told my travelling companion not to look out the window as we approached.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:34 am

Lovely trip report, really enjoyed reading it.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum & Hilton HHonors Silver
Excellent trip report. I felt like I was there.^
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Great report, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC
aks 120, that was a fantastic trip to take and have just spent an enjoyable morning today reading your TR, loved it!

I haven't worked out yet when and how I can swing a CX F trip but every time I read a report the cogs in my head start turning!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
A wonderful report. I especially appreciated your photos and descriptions of the places you visited. So many TRs focus on the flight/train/bus aspect. Thank you so much for putting this together!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
Great trip report! Really enjoyed reading it...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I agree with the rest...very good trip report. I am surprised the BKK IC did not go ahead and accommodate you at the airport. The sign holders are sometimes always there even if you dont have a reservation they are often able to go ahead and accommodate you especially given the premium you are paying. Also, as a newly minted RA I appreciate the info on the various IC's. ^
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, Emirates Skywards, Flying Blue, British Airways Executive Club
Excellent trip report! Lovely pictures too. Cathay's outstanding as always but it was disheartening to see that THAI was not up to the mark. It's a shame cause I've always found the THAI crew to be fantastic.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Thanks for writing such a lovely trip report, aks120.

You wove a story with your excellent blend of photos and commentary, blending airline and hotel reviews with just the right amount of destination information. It's also refreshing to read an excellent TR written by a solo female traveler!

I've bookmarked this thread and plan to review it again before my scheduled trip to Hong Kong later this year (in EK F! ) Now I'm going to stockpile miles for CX, as you've made it look/sound fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.