Reload this Page >

Second Anniversary Asian Adventure: UA Y, LH F and C, OZ C, TG F and QR C

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Second Anniversary Asian Adventure: UA Y, LH F and C, OZ C, TG F and QR C

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:13 am

Excellent trip report. Just a few questions...

1) assume you redeemed points? How many? Saver level?

2) how much weight did you gain? I don't remember any pics of the gyms...The food looked excellent. I could put on a bunch it looks like...

3) Would you recommend Bali and those types of rooms/suites. It seems like an awfully long way to go to sit in a very private area with no view of the ocean/beach etc. Or did you have that and I couldn't see? Would something like Maldives with the OWB be better? Privacy and view correct?

Thanks again for taking what must certainly be a large amount of time to do this TR.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by farbster
Excellent trip report. Just a few questions...

1) assume you redeemed points? How many? Saver level?

2) how much weight did you gain? I don't remember any pics of the gyms...The food looked excellent. I could put on a bunch it looks like...

3) Would you recommend Bali and those types of rooms/suites. It seems like an awfully long way to go to sit in a very private area with no view of the ocean/beach etc. Or did you have that and I couldn't see? Would something like Maldives with the OWB be better? Privacy and view correct?

Thanks again for taking what must certainly be a large amount of time to do this TR.
1. For the flights we redeemed 140k pp at the saver F level through United, the hotels we used 44k at the PHT and whatever the redemption level at the GH Singapore for a club room. Munich was a cash and points rate, Bangkok we paid for the night (100USD-ish) and Bali was C+P + the upgrade.

2. As fat as I am eh...my weight varies and when I got home I decided to weigh and I didn't gain anything...I ended up losing about 15lbs due to me being sick.

3. I've always wanted to see Bali, the reason behind it is because it's cheap to eat and do things, you could easily do that in Thailand as well. The first and last night we had the Sea View room so we had a view of the ocean, but we wanted something more private, hence the pool villa. Also the beaches in Bali aren't that good and where we were the ocean was DEADLY. I consider myself similar to an anchor so when I was getting tossed around and pulled I needed to get out. If I had to do it again I would probably just go to Koh Samui or maybe Langkawi. I would love to do the Maldives but I do not have enough hotel points for that, and I can't pay 2k a night.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:52 pm

Thanks for answering. I wish that everyone would list how many points it took for their trip.

I wasn't saying you were fat, just that it seemed likely that anyone would gain weight on a vacation with good food and mostly resting by the pool!

Thanks again!!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by farbster
Thanks for answering. I wish that everyone would list how many points it took for their trip.

I wasn't saying you were fat, just that it seemed likely that anyone would gain weight on a vacation with good food and mostly resting by the pool!

Thanks again!!
Trust me as I took no offense...I've been the way I am all my life and have learned to have fun with it
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Love the writing style. Your wife must be an angel to not kill you after the soup incident.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Love the writing style. Your wife must be an angel to not kill you after the soup incident.

Thank you sir, it was enjoyable writing it and I'm glad people are liking this. Yes my wife is awesome...she laughs about it now though however she will never trust me around food for a long time
Old Jul 6, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Really enjoyed the writing style and all the awesome photos. Heading to Bali in November and I can't wait!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Really enjoyed the writing style and all the awesome photos. Heading to Bali in November and I can't wait!
Thank you, I really did enjoy this trip. Enjoy Bali.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Best.Merlion.Photo.Ever

Must try that myself when I'm back in Singapore!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, SPG Gold
Late to the party but just wanted to say thanks for the write-up! Planning a similar trip with the wife for later this year. I see you're a fellow Houstonian too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.