Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

First Trip to Seoul (TR on AA F/J, JL Y and Korean Food!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM

Seoul was awesome! Here's my trip report of the ride there and back on AA domestic F international J and JL Y. Check out the updates AA have made to their international J service. I also dedicated a post to all the delicious food I found throughout Seoul.

Seoul '13 Part 1: AUS-ORD-NRT-ICN (AA F/AA J/JL Y)
Seoul '13 Part 2: Korean Food
Seoul '13 Part 3: ICN-NRT-DFW-AUS (JL Y/AA J/AA F)

I can't wait until AA starts their DFW-ICN route so I can visit more often.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Global Entry
Thanks for the post. I'm going to fly F on the new DFW-ICN route (probably the only time I'll ever fly intl F because of the new route discount) the end of June. I was curious about the DMZ tours. With all the talk from North Korea, I'm glad to see they are still going on.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:41 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Nice trip report TimUT78.

Just fyi, the Airport Commuter train stops directly underneath the Lotte City Hotel in Mapo. The stop is called Gongduk Station. Just some info for next time.

Edit: I spoke to soon! Looks like you did find your way onto the Airport Commute line.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Originally Posted by FromMAtoAZ
Thanks for the post. I'm going to fly F on the new DFW-ICN route (probably the only time I'll ever fly intl F because of the new route discount) the end of June. I was curious about the DMZ tours. With all the talk from North Korea, I'm glad to see they are still going on.
Thanks for your feedback, FromMAtoAZ. I was also worried about a possible cancellation due to all those NK shenanigans, but it seems like it's pretty routine behavior on their part. The tour operators noted in their paperwork that they could cancel tours at any time without refund. PVT me if you want some more information about booking a DMZ tour.

Originally Posted by nme7
Nice trip report TimUT78.

Just fyi, the Airport Commuter train stops directly underneath the Lotte City Hotel in Mapo. The stop is called Gongduk Station. Just some info for next time.

Edit: I spoke to soon! Looks like you did find your way onto the Airport Commute line.
Thanks, nme7! Yes, now I know. When I arrived, I saw the airport limousine bus kiosk first so I just went with them.
Old May 29, 2013, 8:26 pm

Why would you think you would grt sick from street vendors? Korea is a very clean country.
Korea is not a third-world country either like some ppl think it is. Its not 1970s anymore.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: CX DM
Really enjoy your blog Tim ! Each time I fly CX to/from Japan I hope for a bottle of Krug to miraculous appear
Old May 30, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
Why would you think you would grt sick from street vendors? Korea is a very clean country.
Korea is not a third-world country either like some ppl think it is. Its not 1970s anymore.
I don't know OP but judging by his report and his complimentary way that he spoke about Korean food, I doubt he meant it as an insult to Korea. Frankly, people here in the States often have trouble believing you when you told them you ate street food in this country or anywhere else. I think it's just a general anti-street food mentality by some people, thinking that restaurant = safe and street food = unsafe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.