Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific First, Korean A380 First, a 72 hour hall pass & the RGN mistake fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific First, Korean A380 First, a 72 hour hall pass & the RGN mistake fare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hilltopper
This is quite an abysmal ratio IMHO! Imagine the queue with a full cabin after breakfast and minutes before landing?
QF has 2 for 14 pax and it's just about ok. LX has 1 for 8 and it's bad. But 1 for 12?? Thanks for the stunning pics and report, it really was a great read!
hilltopper, thanks for your kind comments. The best lav-to-Fpax ratio I've seen is on the LH 330/340/744s... two lavs for 8 pax.

Originally Posted by woutz
Great report SFO777!
Thanks for sharing
Thank you woutz. Glad you enjoyed.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
hilltopper, thanks for your kind comments. The best lav-to-Fpax ratio I've seen is on the LH 330/340/744s... two lavs for 8 pax.

Thank you woutz. Glad you enjoyed.
Isn't CX better ? 2 lav for 6 pax?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Isn't CX better ? 2 lav for 6 pax?
My bad. You are correct.
Indeed the 77W is 2 for 6. For some reason, I was only thinking 744 where it's 2 for 9.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:57 am
Suspended

Must say i rather trade in the lower lax to pax count for the 744 f class lav!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Thanks for an amazing TR, you are living out my travel dreams. I wished I had jumped on the RGN mistake fare. I chickened out after getting burned on the QF F and KE USA-Palau mistake fares that I was worried would be be stuck with a positioning flight to RGN ( in retrospect RGN seemed really interesting to visit).
I will say at least I give KE props for offering Remy XO and what looked to be blue label at the F lounge bar, those alone are pretty good for any lounge (disclaimer I have only been to the CX and QF F lounges in HKG so I only have a small sample set to compare) but I would agree the food in the KE F loung seems a bit behind.
While I have a disdain for most of skyteam, I have always had an interest in KE's premium products, hopefully some mistake fare will come about again so can fly up in front in their 380s
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: Qantas frequent flyer, Enrich Silver & HHonours
Cool

Originally Posted by SFO777
CX goes after the Singapore Girls with Cathay Girls (and Boys)

I set up shop in the small but pleasant business area which consists of seven cubicles each equipped with a PC. Cubicles are big enough that one can set up a laptop and still have lots of room to work, and eat.

But, the best past of this arrangement was the CX screen saver show. ^

And if you'd like to see more of Grace, check out this day in the life of a Cathay FA video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGEhidjLrI8

And in the equal time department...

Flora and grace get my vote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Absolutely sensational report as always, SFO777. If you're ever in the downtown DEN area, maybe we can grab a drink over lunch sometime. It would be great to hear more about the trip reports and how you manage such awesome itineraries.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
If you've had them before, Sophie and Alice don't look that bad either IMO
(PM for flt #s/COS)
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millsdale
Thanks for an amazing TR, you are living out my travel dreams. I wished I had jumped on the RGN mistake fare. I chickened out after getting burned on the QF F and KE USA-Palau mistake fares that I was worried would be be stuck with a positioning flight to RGN ( in retrospect RGN seemed really interesting to visit).
I will say at least I give KE props for offering Remy XO and what looked to be blue label at the F lounge bar, those alone are pretty good for any lounge (disclaimer I have only been to the CX and QF F lounges in HKG so I only have a small sample set to compare) but I would agree the food in the KE F loung seems a bit behind.
While I have a disdain for most of skyteam, I have always had an interest in KE's premium products, hopefully some mistake fare will come about again so can fly up in front in their 380s
Thanks very much millsdale for your kind comments. I really enjoyed KE and was bummed that I had to cancel on my March rerun.

Originally Posted by TexasTea
Absolutely sensational report as always, SFO777. If you're ever in the downtown DEN area, maybe we can grab a drink over lunch sometime. It would be great to hear more about the trip reports and how you manage such awesome itineraries.
Thanks very much TexasTea. Let's do lunch!

Originally Posted by wainza1
Flora and grace get my vote
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
If you've had them before, Sophie and Alice don't look that bad either IMO
OK, since you guys started this, my all time fave was Kate, FA on my KE flight.
The neanderthals will have to at least click on the link for this.
http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/Kore.../L/Kate1-L.png

And no I wasn't stalking her. Or at least I don't recall. I lifted the frame from a cabin video that she accidentally walked into.
http://youtu.be/z7AoOIKBDAQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.