Reload this Page >

100 days & 500 photos: my oneworld DONE3 Adventures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100 days & 500 photos: my oneworld DONE3 Adventures

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: A* Gold, OW Sapphire, Thalys Platinum, Accor Gold, member of BahnBonus
Very nice tr which I read completly today, sitting on my couch after lunch ...
Especially the pictures are very enjoyable - thank you!

Only one thing to correct here in this thread concerning my home town:

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Originally Posted by LifeInCMH
Another good place (even better) for knuckles is Fruh am Dom at Koln, just besides the cathedral...
I didn't go there on my trip to Koln a few years back, but will try this place on my next trip. Thanks for the tip.
If you are ever in Cologne, please don´t go into the Früh am Dom. Personally I (as most Cologners) think it is mostly a tourist rip off.
If you would like to enjoy a nice "Brauhaus" with a decent Kölsch, try the "Peters Brauhaus" (Petes Kölsch) or "Malzmühle" (Mühlen Kölsch, my favourite!) at Heumarkt / Alter Markt or (more remote) the "Hellers" (Hellers Kölsch) at Zülpicher Platz.

And concerning the "Hämmchen", the pickled ham hock, I have also a tip: The "Brauhaus ohne Namen" in Deutz, near the ICE station Köln-Deutz - where I am enjoying very good Hämmchen almost every time I am there ...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Askartus
Very nice tr which I read completly today, sitting on my couch after lunch ...
Especially the pictures are very enjoyable - thank you!

Only one thing to correct here in this thread concerning my home town:

If you are ever in Cologne, please don´t go into the Früh am Dom. Personally I (as most Cologners) think it is mostly a tourist rip off.
If you would like to enjoy a nice "Brauhaus" with a decent Kölsch, try the "Peters Brauhaus" (Petes Kölsch) or "Malzmühle" (Mühlen Kölsch, my favourite!) at Heumarkt / Alter Markt or (more remote) the "Hellers" (Hellers Kölsch) at Zülpicher Platz.

And concerning the "Hämmchen", the pickled ham hock, I have also a tip: The "Brauhaus ohne Namen" in Deutz, near the ICE station Köln-Deutz - where I am enjoying very good Hämmchen almost every time I am there ...
Glad you enjoyed reading the TR.

While in Koln, we did not eat near the Dom because the area was (is) too touristy.

Thank you for the nice local tips about eating out in Koln. I wish I knew about it when I was in Koln.

I was in Koln in 2007, too long ago. Hard to recall exactly where we dined. There was this one place where I had pickled ham hock and my wife had the pork knuckle. These dishes were excellent. I did not care for the “heaven and earth” though, but I was curious enough to try it due to the name. We were brought there by a German couple from Frankfurt whom we befriended with. We all stayed in the same hotel (Marriott) at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.