Trip Report - Europe and Asia in First Class - With photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report - Europe and Asia in First Class - With photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by InsaneTravel
We finally hit the jackpot !!!! The new Lufthansa First config on the 747-400; the one where we each get a seat and a real bed. The bed is amazing, there's a "Single" 6" mattress with a mattress cover, sheets, duvet and blanket. I love this plane. And this was our longest leg at 11 hours.
Score! That looks like an amazing trip
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: DL Gold Marriot silver Hilton
I admit that I am an unsophisticated hick from Vermont. I'll go ahead and ask the question anyway and show my true self.

Whenever I've eaten caviar (yes caviar, not trout eggs even though I am in VT) I have been served the toast points, crackers, lemon, egg, etc. but I have never received the little bag that shows up in almost all first class trip report photos of caviar service.

(Yes, I have also never flown first class on any international flight. The best I can do is Business Elite to Milan from JFK. I am a failure and shouldn't show my face on FlyerTalk!)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:08 am

If your question was what 's in the bag, I think you mean the half lemon packed in a small bag so the juice can be squeezed without the stones falling in your plate. But not sure exactly what you meant...
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
Originally Posted by MichaelS
I have also never flown first class on any international flight. The best I can do is Business Elite to Milan from JFK.

Don't worry your time in First will come MichaelS! Our first ever RTW (Round the World) was 11 legs in Business, then for the second one we had 1/2 business and 1/2 First and the last one was mostly First (8 of 9 legs in First).
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
Score! That looks like an amazing trip
Thanks JamesBond_ppk,

This was my favorite flight of all time and it beats Swiss and Thai's Cabins.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold Marriot silver Hilton
Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
If your question was what 's in the bag, I think you mean the half lemon packed in a small bag so the juice can be squeezed without the stones falling in your plate. But not sure exactly what you meant...
Yes, that is what I was asking about. I guess I eat at the wrong places because on the few ocassions I get caviar, the lemons are sliced and never in a bag. Nice idea though and it makes sense in an airplane where there is oess room for mess adn to prepare food.

I need to move up in the world!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.