Wiki Posts
Search

Dl dc-9-50 n787nc

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO
Dl dc-9-50 n787nc

I am on a segment run today and my ATL to IND flight was on this particular aircraft. I have been trying for more than a year to get on this aircraft. The reason I am so excited about it is the fact that I have a 1:200 scale aircraft model of N787NC. I had never flown on this aircraft until today; not even when the aircraft was operated by NW. I was in the economy section, but I could have cared less about a first class upgrade, I just wanted to fly on N787NC.

My segments today were as follows:
MCI-ATL 757-200
ATL-IND DC-9-50
IND-MSP A320
MSP-MCI E175

If I can, I try to get the registration numbers off of the back of the aircraft so I can put it in my log book. A person that tries to get as much information about a flight is a diehard aviation fan, and I am one of those.

Next week I am going back to IND with the following segments:
MCI-DTW DC-9-50
DTW-IND CRJ900
IND-ATL MD-88
ATL-MCI 757-200
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by psa727
I am on a segment run today and my ATL to IND flight was on this particular aircraft. I have been trying for more than a year to get on this aircraft. The reason I am so excited about it is the fact that I have a 1:200 scale aircraft model of N787NC. I had never flown on this aircraft until today; not even when the aircraft was operated by NW. I was in the economy section, but I could have cared less about a first class upgrade, I just wanted to fly on N787NC.

My segments today were as follows:
MCI-ATL 757-200
ATL-IND DC-9-50
IND-MSP A320
MSP-MCI E175

If I can, I try to get the registration numbers off of the back of the aircraft so I can put it in my log book. A person that tries to get as much information about a flight is a diehard aviation fan, and I am one of those.

Next week I am going back to IND with the following segments:
MCI-DTW DC-9-50
DTW-IND CRJ900
IND-ATL MD-88
ATL-MCI 757-200
I am just like you! I love to get a tail number and fly on those aircraft models I have.

In December I was lucky in the same trip I was able to fly on 0851 (I have a model of the Boeing 757-300) and 0401 (I have a poster as this was Boeings 100 next generation aircraft). I have always wanted to be on those aircraft!

Congrats!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:14 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
I to keep track of the registrations that I fly on. Just a force of habit.

Still wanting to fly on a few regos myself been hunting them down for a while.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Smile

It is nice to know other people are just as dedicated to aviation as I am. I cannot wait for tomorrow, as I am on another DC-9 flight from MCI-DTW.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
It is nice to know other people are just as dedicated to aviation as I am. I cannot wait for tomorrow, as I am on another DC-9 flight from MCI-DTW.
You're still living for those DC9-50s, eh? I'm a former NWA girl so I grew up on those birds. Any good MRs out of KC lately?

(I always record tail registration)
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Nice to hear from you travelingsalesgal. Yes, I am still living for the DC-9's. In May, I have three segments on DC-9's.

I have gotten a lot of cheap prices to different places, but no real good mileage runs to LAX or the west coast. Mostly just segment runs. I have IND tomorrow and BWI, BNA, and IAH in May. All of these flights from MCI were less than $160.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Overall, I was happy with my latest segment run. I was delayed on DC-9-50 N767NC in first class for one hour because of a storm in DTW. Missed my CRJ900 flight to IND and ended up on a cramped CRJ200, which really was not too bad considering the flight was only 40 minutes. My MD-88 flight to ATL was not bad, but I was able to top off the night by flying on a 757 back to MCI. Two first class segments and two coach segments, since the CRJ200 does not have first.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I also log my flights, and I especially enjoy flying on older models such as the DC-9-50s that I first flew with Allegheny Airlines back in 1977. The aircraft you mentioned was the second to last -50 ever built, rolling off the assembly line on Februaty 12, 1980. I don't know how long Delta plans to fly these birds, but any time I get to fly one is like a little trip down memory lane to a time when airlines still offered full service including hot, satisfying meals back in Coach.

As a fellow logger who also takes time to note the registration numbers, you might get a kick out of this trip report I published a couple of years ago.

Happy Contrails!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:12 pm

I am defiantly dedicated to know which aircraft numbers I have been on. I flew to LGW in 2004 on CO, and I have always wanted to know which 777s I was on, and I finally found out after trying many websites!

I was 0012 which was my first 777 ride, my first international flight, first visit to London, and it was the aircraft that made the final Continental Airlines landing March 3.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the trip report, Seat 2A. Do you always try to fly in Seat 2A? I try to get aisle seats most of the time, unless there are no aisle seats to be given. I really like the CRJ700 or 900 in first or the ERJ175 in first because of the aisle/window seats on those aircraft.

I have two more segments on DC-9's on 04-18-12 when I head over to BNA from ATL. So, that gives me five DC-9 segments within the next six weeks. I just hope Delta keeps those segments on DC-9's. Actually looked up a trip from MCI to GRR with four DC-9 segements, if the price was not so high. I would get a kick out of those four segments.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA767400
I am defiantly dedicated to know which aircraft numbers I have been on. I flew to LGW in 2004 on CO, and I have always wanted to know which 777s I was on, and I finally found out after trying many websites!

I was 0012 which was my first 777 ride, my first international flight, first visit to London, and it was the aircraft that made the final Continental Airlines landing March 3.
You are definitely an aviation enthusiast. I have missed some registrations along the way, mostly on the 777's I have flown on. If I cannot get the registration, it is really not a big deal to me, but I would much rather have the feeling of knowing I have been on a certain aircraft.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by UA767400

You are definitely an aviation enthusiast. I have missed some registrations along the way, mostly on the 777's I have flown on. If I cannot get the registration, it is really not a big deal to me, but I would much rather have the feeling of knowing I have been on a certain aircraft.
Yes! I have missed some too, but those were the only 777s I have been on. It is not a big deal but I prefer to know what aircraft, but I just wanted to know those aircraft.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Unless 787NC has been retired, I am hoping to get on this aircraft again within the next six weeks. I have eight more DC-9 segments if all works out well.

After doing some checking at home, I have found that I have flown on a Qantas 330-200 with the same reg. number as a model that I have, and a Midwest Airlines 717 as well. I have not had a chance to check all of my models yet, as a lot of them are not on display, but it sure is a task to check all of them.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

I am in the SC at BNA after just flying on DL 757 N684DA and DL DC-9-50 N770NC. This is a nice, but small club, and they do not serve as much as a bigger SC would. Thank heavens they still have cocktails.

Looking forward on my segments back to MCI, which are also on a DC-9 and 757.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

I am in the SC at BNA after just flying on DL 757 N684DA and DL DC-9-50 N770NC. This is a nice, but small club, and they do not serve as much as a bigger SC would. Thank heavens they still have cocktails.

Looking forward on my segments back to MCI, which are also on a DC-9 and 757.
Finished my segment trip on N779NC and N614DL, a DC-9 and 757. The 757 flight was almost oversold, which would have given me my first voucher and a couple more trips, but no luck on the voucher.

Have to wait until May 1 for my next DC-9 segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.