UA F Versus BA F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA F Versus BA F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
We flyertalker actually use horizontal flat or angle flat to describ the seats.
We do?

I think there is a fair amount of misuse of these terms. While there is not a set definition, I prefer what SeatGuru uses:

lie-flat: the seat reclines to 180 degrees, but the seat is angled in relation to the ground. AA J and LH J are examples.

fully-flat or flat bed: the seat is completely horizontal, like a normal bed. BA J, LX J, and almost every F seat are examples. This includes new UA J, and old and new UA F.

Airline marketers likely use the term 'lie-flat' because it is easy to think the 'flat' refers to the angle in relation to the ground, but it is just that the seat is reclined 180 degrees. This is much like the term 'direct vs. non-stop'. Surely almost all FTers know the difference, but I hear people say 'direct' when they mean non-stop all the time.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by teme
A little more details resulting into these conclusion would have been nice.
Indeed....a few pictures would also have been nice.

I as a self confessed BA apologist shall be flying in UA F for the first time next month on the ORD-GRU route so I shall be interested to see how they match up to my experiences in BA F. I already know it will be the old F seat but I'm not too worried about that.

I'm not really surprised that UA come out well in the OPs eyes. Despite what I've heard about the UA F product both on the ground as well as in the air they must get some things right. I shall report my findings in a trip report.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
They must have changed the ORD-GRU to the 777 from the 763. I would agree food on BA can be hit or miss. For first class, I have seen trip reports where the food offered is almost a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.