Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Our Honeymoon; LHR-YYZ BA in F, Fairmont Royal York; TheFalls & Boathouse (photos!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our Honeymoon; LHR-YYZ BA in F, Fairmont Royal York; TheFalls & Boathouse (photos!)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thanks for taking the time to read this report and comment on it.

It's fantastic to see this old trip report getting some new readers! I really, really had a fantastic time on this trip. If you enjoy the photos and writing style, then check out my other reports (follow the link in my sig) - there are two more recent reports on there (PE out to SYD, and F to JFK), and I'm about to write another of a recent trip I took.

Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
Great report! Next time you should go canoeing in Algonquin and possibly camping. Great pictures. What was the name of the lake?
It was on Lake Muskoka. It's about 2hours drive north of Toronto - extremely easy to get to on highways the entire way. The lake itself isn't massive, and you can drive all the way round in about an hour. It makes the lake pretty calm, and hence great for water sports.

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Great TR and congratulations (well on your 2y anniversary now I guess!)
Many thanks for the reminder! Yes, it's just coming up to two years, but it feels like about 5minutes. I guess that's probably a good thing as far as marriages go!!
Old May 9, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by malkie
It's fantastic to see this old trip report getting some new readers! I really, really had a fantastic time on this trip. If you enjoy the photos and writing style, then check out my other reports (follow the link in my sig) - there are two more recent reports on there (PE out to SYD, and F to JFK), and I'm about to write another of a recent trip I took.
Excellent - just read your NYC and MCO reports - both very enjoyable, particularly as I've visited both in the past couple of years so always nice seeing photos of places you've been! Keep up the great work on future TRs!
Old May 10, 2013, 3:49 am

Really excellent TR. Amazing venue* for the big day and great choice for Honeymoon, makes you want to visit

*Currently looking into venues for next year, but abroad in OH country and it is not easy to find the perfect place.
Old May 11, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Absolutely wonderful read... And, what a simply wonderful venue for your big day! It looked absolutely amazing... I am not jealous in the slightest, honest...

The lake house thing looks lovely too... Great place for a few days of peace and quiet! ^
Old May 13, 2013, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thanks again for all of the positive comments - I'm glad some of you have taken the time to read my other reports too. I really enjoy writing them, and they serve as a record of my thoughts and feelings at the time, rather than just looking at photos in years to come.

Hanbury Manor was amazing for a wedding - everything about it was perfect, and really made the day. The point of the day was getting married, and that would have been perfect no matter the venue. However, holding it somewhere relaxing and pretty was great, and really elevated the day for me.

The Boathouse was great - we literally stayed there for a week and relaxed. That was the plan after being in the city for a week, and a hectic day and a half at Niagara.

Looking back now, I've had thoroughly enjoyable holidays in the past few years. Firstly China and Japan, then Canada, then Australia, then finally NYC - we have no plans for a holiday this year as yet, but we are hoping to head on a journey of different sorts.

Thanks again folks - really means a lot that you'll take the time to read and then make the effort to post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.