Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

SIN-PAD. And maybe a visit to the FCL...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-PAD. And maybe a visit to the FCL...

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
If I did my math correctly, AU$2.25 per litre and about AU$172 in total.

One of the reasons for high prices might be because of a fuel tanker ban over Easter:

GERMAN drivers were left stunned today after a gas station was caught charging $14 per litre in a bid to stop customers from filling up.
The station was running low amid a nationwide shortage due to Easter traffic and a holiday ban on fuel tankers.

Several customers filled up without noticing the hike, despite warning signs on the pump not to do so. One customer said he put 21L in his BMW before being asked to pay $294.

Old May 4, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
It was I. But I must say your attention span is improving.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:33 am

Germany, a very odd place.

You can't wash your car outside your house because of polluting the ground-water. You must separate all of your rubbish, to recycle it. Very environmentally friendly.

BUT, you can chose to live 200km from where you work, drive their at 250km an hour and claim back the tax on the cost of the fuel to get you to work. I guess the car lobby is more powerful than the environmental lobby.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
OK, let me get this straight - you're knackered? What about poor Biggles the cat?

Can't wait for more. Fingers and all appendages are crossed on your behalf that you get the chance to put another UA SWU to such good use (is there any better?). It all sounds a lot more appealing than US Airways LGA-BOS which is what I shall be doing this evening...
Old May 6, 2011, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador

Strewth. It worked again.

Those trusty old UA SWU's performed yet another frequent flyer miracle. I checked in at around 4pm FRA time for a 10pm flight to SIN. Stood in the J-class line for all of 5-mins and would you believe it, met a check in agent who actually smiled. I'd been monitoring EF like a Columbian Drug Lord waiting for an update on a late shipment. As of this morning, it was still showing A4, P4 etc. All good. Fingers crossed.

As far as upgrade chances go, I was sure I was going to get overtaken by one of LH's Hon Circle people. Whoever they are.

But no, lady luck was on my side. Which is more than I can say about my arm waving episode with Hertz, when I returned Klaudette. Apart from the fact that I had put close on 300 euros worth of fuel in the rotten thing (ie US$430) in 6-days, the whole afternoon turned to custard as soon as I drove into the rental return bay.

But that is for another time. I have managed to calm my nerves with a bottle of Robert Weil Riesling. One of my favorites. No doubt, Swanhunter will beg to differ. Actually, I might have had a glass or two of champagne as well. I forget. It's Friday. And its been a long week.

If I don't surface in a few days with the final chapter to this sad and sorry week, send me a PM. I've had way too much schnitzel and beer. I think I tried to eat an apple mid week, but my stomach quickly rejected it and I promptly threw up into the waste paper basket in one of the conference rooms at the clients office. Actually, I kid. It wasn't a rubbish bin at all. It was a very unhealthy looking pot plant. Which has now been euthanized.

But I'm sure that this is more than you wanted to hear.

I'm going to ask for the large pajamas on the ride home. On the way over, the very nice LH cabin crew gave me a "medium". Which made me look like a shrink wrapped Buddha.

Whatever you're doing today, please remember this. The life of a FT'er is never boring. Especially when you pay for J and fly F. Both ways. Using another airlines voucher…

And get to sit in not just any old airline lounge - but THE lounge. I'm a little concerned about how I'm going to get out of the chair when the nice lady comes over and says to me "okay, we are ready".

But I will worry about that later. Safe travels. Talk with you on the other side...
Old May 14, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
And we wait and wait and wait.............................................
Old May 14, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Great TR yet again. Glad I was reading it from a Toughbook as I spilled a bottle of soda all over it while laughing.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Genius, as ever. And I approve of the Riesling.
Old May 15, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: QF PS, EK SkyWards Blue, SQ Krisflyer
Incredible. As a media saturated 22 year old i rarely laugh out loud at things anymore, but i counted 7 times when i did just that in reading this thread. My favourite parts were 'whats economy?' and 'dont listen to your father, hes a moron'. Absolutely classic lines.

Loved every moment, keep it coming :-D
Old May 15, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
More please ^
Old May 16, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AA Advantage
Haven't been on FT in a month and i found an eightblack TR to waste the last hour of the workday. Awesome.

Finish this one. Please.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I fear either the cat got to him or he drank himself into a stupor
Old May 17, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: KL Gold SkyTeam Elite Plus - SEN M&M *G
Thanks man, I love to read your TR!
Old May 18, 2011, 10:40 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SMART51
And we wait and wait and wait.............................................
Dude, I'm done. And besides, I'm deep undercover...
Old May 18, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Didn't I tell you before, short attention span.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.