Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo Trip Report: 1st Time in Delhi! Experience 4 Different SQ 777 J Seats/Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photo Trip Report: 1st Time in Delhi! Experience 4 Different SQ 777 J Seats/Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Post Photo Trip Report: 1st Time in Delhi! Experience 4 Different SQ 777 J Seats/Cabins

It was not my first time in India. I have transited via the old Delhi airports several times when I flew the UA RTW services between HK and London in the late 90s. As a 15-year old, my dad took me to London on BA, and we made a fuel stop in Bombay (now Mumbai). All these transits occurred in the middle of nights/early mornings in total darkness while I was in the state of jetlag.

When I learned I was going to be in Delhi for a week’s meeting, I was excited. India is the country I have read and heared so much about since I was a kid. From “Jungle Boy” to EM Foster’s “A Passage to India”, India has been a mythical place in my mind for a long time. With its vast potentials to be the next economic powerhouse, my visit also provided me an opportunity to, at least in my limited perspective, compare India with China, where I am stationing at the moment.

To get there, I chose Singapore Airlines. I must admit I don’t fly SQ often, but was confused, during the booking, by the 5 configurations amongst its 772/77W fleets. My selected itinerary (PEK-SIN-DEL-SIN-PEK) provided opportunities to try four of them, and they will be covered at the front and back of this trip report.

….. Stay Tuned!

My other photo trip reports can be accessed by click on the titles below:

Colorlessly Stuck in A Time Trap - Another LH Asia-EU C Trip!
Discover Malta's Past and Present! LH C & 1st Time on Air Malta!
The Macau Differences -Turbojet Across the Mouth of Pearl River!
This is London! - Inaugural LH A380 Frankfurt-Beijing Service!!
Hi Seoul, Soul of Asia! - First time flying Asiana!
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg:EU-Asia on LH F & 1st time on Lux Air
Shanghai – An Old City with Modern Make-Ups; LH C from EU to Asia!
Guinness, Trinity, Walking around Dublin- Another LH C Trip Report!
Sleepless in Taipei - Cattle Class over Taiwan Strait on CA/CX!
Colorlessly Stuck in a Time Trap - Not Another UA F/C Transpac Trip!
Plaza Mayor/Heldenplatz, MAD/VIE, LH & 1st time on Austrian/Adria Airways!
Time Square Loses its Colors...Not Just Another UA Trip Report!
Godiva, Neuhaus - Sweeties of Brussels, LH/KA C, CX Wing & SAS Lounge
iPhone Photo Report:PEK-FRA-ZRH-MUC-PEK on LH/LX Business Class
Round-the World on UA (new F Suite), SQ A380/77W (Business), LH 744 (Business) and BD A320 (Business)

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Mar 23, 2011 at 11:34 pm
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Silver
lucky you... I always welcome the opportunity to travel to Asia (being an Asian and all) but my current work only requires me to travel domestic.

Also nice pictures.. one of my goal is to experience business/first with SQ.. hey that's why I'm here in FT right? Wish they have those Subway sandwiches here
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:01 pm

Very much looking forward to this report. I've always enjoyed your reports for their photography, particuarly since you provide a lot from the actual destination. I love India, and think you'll tell the story very well with your camera. ^
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Looking forward to this!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre-Departure at PEK

Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Silver
wow you take good pictures... I'm gonna do the same when I'm at Changi this summer
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

kampret, EXP4ME, and matthandy,

Thanks for your comments and your interest in this trip report.

I must admit that I just got a replacement camera for my lost Nikon DSLR, and the replacement is a compact digital. It was not easy to shoot using a compact digital when I am so used to shoot with a Nikon DSRL with a wonderful zoom.

This photo trip report will show you some of the mistakes I have made using my new digital compact. I did not do enough homework to understand the features and capability of my new camera, and the quality of photos suffered as a result.

More photos to be posted shortly.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Mar 25, 2011 at 1:43 am
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: TK*G, AP Prestige, BAEC, Alaska Air MP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold HHonors GOLD VIP, Hyatt GOLD
Just recently saw some of your TRs, you are a gifted photographer and enjoy your unique TR!!! Can't wait to see the rest of this TR!!!^
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Beijing Premier Lounge

Singapore Airlines and Turkish Airlines are the only two *A carriers not using the *A Alliance lounge operated by Air China. The Air China Lounge is better, IMHO.

Premier Lounge is smaller and the offerings are not bad. I understand SQ used to own the parent company that operates the Premier Lounge.

Edit to add: Photo taking is not allowed in the lounge. I was asked to put away my camera. The photos below shown the inside of the lounge were taken using iPhone ( I was pretending to read my text messages).

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Mar 25, 2011 at 4:55 pm
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Plane Spotting

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Mar 25, 2011 at 3:45 am
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-SIN on 773ER/77W 1 of 2

This flight was on 77W that was eqiupped with the SQ signature Givenchy Business class seats. They are the same as those on the A380 and A345. The layout of the business cabin is 1-2-1. They are probably the most roomy business seats in the air today.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Mar 27, 2011 at 3:19 am
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adrian2611
Just recently saw some of your TRs, you are a gifted photographer and enjoy your unique TR!!! Can't wait to see the rest of this TR!!!^
Thanks very much! Still going through all the photos taken and hope I find enough quality shots of Delhi to share them here.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Interesting combo! Very creative!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Beautiful photos. I wish I could squeeze such art from my Canon EoS SLR.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lj1k
Interesting combo! Very creative!
Originally Posted by hoyateach
Beautiful photos. I wish I could squeeze such art from my Canon EoS SLR.
Thanks very much for your compliments. As I indicated before, I was shooting with a brand new camera, and there were a lot of mistakes made. You will see some of the low quality photos later in this report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.