Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SNOW is NOT FUN!! Part 1:UA (SFO-LHR Y) 777 ITPE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

SNOW is NOT FUN!! Part 1:UA (SFO-LHR Y) 777 ITPE

Hello, this my first tr and all the photos were taken on my iphone so they are not that great

December 16
Ua 930 SFO-LHR
Y class
100 percent full
B777 ITPE

For Christmas break my fam and I went to London and Boston. We are UA loyals so we took the 7 pm flight to LHR. We arrived at the airport 3 hours before our flight and headed over to the Prem/Prem Exec check in line. No one was a check in accept 5 economy pass. Only 3 people working at the econ, 1 at our line, 1 at J, and no one at F. We asked the agent about our upgrades to J. She said it was full. (one 1k was upgraded on the plane). There is no premium security at sfo but because it was night, only a few people were in line. The RCC is just right of security.

entrance to RCC

The RCC was completely empty. I shared the very large lounge with only a few other pax. There were only juice, cookies, fruit, coffee, and some cheese snacks to eat. It is cleaner than the one on the domestic side but is not as nice as a VS Clubhouse. I did not take photos of the rcc but got some photos of the terminal:

the famous shot of the rcc!!

After 2 hours at the rcc we headed to gate 94. I was really excited because the plane was one of the few ITPE 777 with the new eco. I heard that SFO is where they convert the 777, and not in Korea, is this true? It was a full flight because the FRA flight was canceled.

Ua boarded the plane weird that day:

F,J, Gs, 1k, Y go through door A
Premier/ Premier Exec/ Star gold through door B
However:
F,J,gs, and 1k go through gate a
economy goes through door b
Can someone explain this.

My seat was 29k. When taxiing, I saw the new T2 and it looks just like the international terminal. (srry no pics of it cause all of them are blurry) The new economy seat is comfy. The tv and entertainment system is a lot better than the old stuff. It is a touch screen and offers movies and tv shows, but you have to pay for somethings.You can turn it off for sleeping. The seat goes forward when it reclines which is nice, and the headrest is very good for sleeping. The only thing missing is a foot rest, but I have my backpack so it doesn't matter to me. Dinner was chicken in cream sauce...it was rubber. After that I went to sleep.When I woke up breakfast was being served to the first row of eco plus. When the FA got to my row, she just left without serving us.

After breakfast, well for everyone else, landing cards were handed out. (Is it just me or are US landing cards the largest?) Here are some photos before and after landing:

Notice the BA!!

h

(I heard El Al uses t1 because other terminals host airlines from countries that don't see Isreal as a nation)

my first time seeing this one!!!!!!

another UA..767

The walk to passport control was the longest walk I have had to do. Every time I turned the corner, there was another long hallway. When we did get to passport control the wait was only 5 min so I guess it made up for time. We only waited 5 min for our bags since they were priority tagged. Those little orange things really help!!
We were lucky because the next day flights were starting to cancel.

Please tell me if u see the pics...

Hope you enjoyed reading.
There will be 2 other parts that I will write later:
UA LHR-IAD-BOS in J and Y
UA BOS-SFO in F
come back to read these later please!!

Last edited by jgw787; Dec 31, 2010 at 6:23 pm
Old Jan 2, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
UA always boards this way:

1L

GS/F/1K/C

2L

1P/*Gold/2P/3P/*Silver/Economy 2-4
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
The RCC was completely empty. I shared the very large lounge with only a few other pax. There were only juice, cookies, fruit, coffee, and some cheese snacks to eat. It is cleaner than the one on the domestic side but is not as nice as a VS Clubhouse
It would be nice if it was on the same planet as the VS clubhouse!

Nice TR!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Nice report, but right now I'm not seeing pics...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:10 am

I can't see them either.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
No pics neither..
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by couscous
No pics neither..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.