Reload this Page >

Another Singapore First Class RTW Adventure... SFO-JFK-FRA/CDG/LHR-SIN-HKG-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Singapore First Class RTW Adventure... SFO-JFK-FRA/CDG/LHR-SIN-HKG-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
How did the Mrs take the J instead of F on AA transcon
You were hesitate in telling me a couple weeks ago.

The LX JFK lounge looks good but geez, the booze are pretty bad. Bacardi White and Johnny Walker Red I drink better than that and I'm in college

The SQ boarding looks very bad for such a premium airline although CX is kinda similar to them ex-HKG, lounge is good but boarding is first/business/CX & OW elite so it can be a bit of a gate crash on some days.

Go for LX First instead of LH if you want premium vodka, I had Grey Goose on that flight but you don't have caviar now

Looking forward to the rest of the trip!

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Sep 17, 2010 at 4:16 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Fantastic TR. Thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward to the rest of it!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
How did the Mrs take the J instead of F on AA transcon You were hesitate in telling me a couple weeks ago.
I was hesitant to tell her as well. She was pretty cool about it, especially since she knew she was getting a shopping morning at Chanel and rationalized that I could spring for a purse for the fare differential. We all have our priorities, and I know my Princess.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lufthansa Terminal A First Class Lounge

Like divjan, some may be wondering how the heck did we get into the LH FCL on an SQ ticket. Well, when you help make flight arrangements for your friends, good things sometimes happen. Since they were traveling on 100K AC Aeroplan award tickets, I made sure they switched to the SFO-FRA nonstop when LH repleased four award seats at T-7, and then made sure that they followed the drill for guesting us into the FCL when we arrived an hour later. We've been in the FCL many times but it is always so great to return to an airline that knows how to treat its First Class pax on the ground.

After a refreshing shower, and meeting another SFO-FRA pax, we had a delicious lunch of medium rare tenderloin and pasta.

Our SQ 744 taxied past the FCL on the FRA-SIN leg of the trip...

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 25, 2010 at 6:27 am
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:42 pm

Great report thus far - Cheers for that.

Why didn't they allow you into the F side of the LX lounge at JFK?

About Raffles. The grounds may be nice in an old-world style, but those rooms are DARK and not exactly modern. Your wife would probably fancy the St. Regis, which is very modern and stylish. I don't think I would dare go beyond one night at Raffles (to keep her spirits up), but we'll see what you think.........

Do have a look round the exterior of the Esplanade in Singapore - the architecture is quite interesting.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: most of them
she seriously thought those seats were "cramped"???? Somebody is awfully spoiled!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Bravo!

Very nice! I am enjoying this! ^
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
SFO777, fantastic TR-thanks. I hope you have a great birthday in Paris!

Cheers!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:35 am

that was very good planing from your side, I like that, very well done!! I still think of LH F class very highly...their F class if very spacious and w/o doubt I agree w your wife many F cabins do feel cramped w their Suites and doors and crap like that!.....the good part is that LH new F cabin will feel very spacious and privacy will be on demand...
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Paris Gallery
Rather than a lot of touristy pics, I'm only posting some quintessential Paris photos, ones that make the city so endearing to us.

Lunch on Ile Saint-Louis...

Oui, it is indeed, providing much entertainment watching pedestrians come close...

And the obligatory birthday cake photo from Jules Verne...

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 19, 2010 at 4:33 pm
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Le Meurice
Deluxe Junior Suite with Eiffel Tower View

Virtuoso amenities including full American Breakfast, late check-out but no upgrade offered.

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 18, 2010 at 11:04 am
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K
Sweet!

That is totally awesome! It is a sweet "suite"! Very nice photos. Makes me wish I was in Paris right now!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:03 pm

As always, great TR SFO777 and look forward to seeing pictures and reading the LHR-SIN, SIN-HKG and HKG-SFO segments in SQ F.

cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Why didn't they allow you into the F side of the LX lounge at JFK?
As with all LH and LX First Class lounges, the SWISS First Lounge is restricted to LX and LH pax, to the exclusion of other *A partners.

Originally Posted by glennaa11
she seriously thought those seats were "cramped"???? Somebody is awfully spoiled!
In her defense, the SQ 744 seats are the old First seats and compared to the new 35" First seats and even the old LH 346 First seats, in the lower 744 cabin configuration, they do seem a little cramped. I assured her that our next three flights, all on 77Ws, would be a lot better.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for these impressions! Always great! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.