Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco to Scandinavia and Hokkaido

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Reply to ORDnHKG

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Love your photos in europe and in sapporo, especially when you went there with all the lavendar blooming, it is very expensive to go to sapporo around this time of the year, curious are you actually from asia originally ? As not many westerners know about the lavendars field in furano.
Yes, I grew up in Asia, in a city that has an airport code embedded in your FT handle . But that has nothing to do with me knowing about the lavendars field, I only found out about this attraction when doing the research for this trip recently.

You used 120K miles very well, got to sample 3 of the *A partners. If it is me, I would do 170K in F though.
Both SK and LH seems to offer inferior amenity kits in C, the new packaging of NH amenitiy items looks ugly, I like the old one better, especially for the hand lotion.
Actually I spent 135K, still I think it's good value. We had considered the F option, but it's just close to impossible finding 2 F seats at the same time, and did not really want to risk it if it does not work out. One more excuse is we wanted to travel on adjacent seats with window/aisle combination, and two adjacent seats in F usually means two seats in the middle section. Looks like the LH SFO to FRA flight on 747 is different, with upstairs first class, and window/aisle combinations !

Well even if UA doesn't list the amount of miles needed, but by reading FT threads you should have known that amount by now.
Yes, I know now, but why do so many UA agents still do not know ?

Not sure what new blankets you are talking about.

2 class domestic planes always have the same blankets in F, it is only on the 3 class planes F and C got new blankets.
Haha, right ! No new blankets on 2 class domestic F, I was just dreaming. Thanks for catching this.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Fantastic report and pictures! the french dinner looked pretty good! Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: DE,UN,StarwoodGold
There is nothing I can add to all the other compliments -- except that you have outdone yourself with this one! Actually I think the blend of text and photos is perfect, to me anyhow it's better than too many pics or just text alone, you have found the ideal balance this time. Thank you!!!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC*E, AS MVPG, AA Gold, PC Plt Amb, SPG, Avis First, National Executive
Excellent trip report! ^ Thank you for the information on Hokkido.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Awesome report!
When I've seen the 'ham' in the MUC lounge food picture I had to comment. That stuff is called 'Leberkäse' but the name is just wrong as well. It is neither liver (leber) nor cheese (Käse). The name derived from laberkas which is basically luxury spam with beef, pork, bacon, onions, ..
More on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leberk%C3%A4se

Essentially the Leberkäse is a reason to fly through MUC and have some with bavarian sweet mustard - add beer if you want to ;-)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
This is a absoultely the right format to do a trip report. The format that I wish I could have time to do. A nice blend of text with photos.

I enjoyed reading and looking at the photos. Great job!

Thanks for sharing it, and I hope you can post more.

UA_Flyer
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Leberkäse

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Awesome report!
When I've seen the 'ham' in the MUC lounge food picture I had to comment. That stuff is called 'Leberkäse' but the name is just wrong as well. It is neither liver (leber) nor cheese (Käse). The name derived from laberkas which is basically luxury spam with beef, pork, bacon, onions, ..
More on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leberk%C3%A4se

Essentially the Leberkäse is a reason to fly through MUC and have some with bavarian sweet mustard - add beer if you want to ;-)
El_Duderito, I knew that 'ham' stuff is not just ham, it's so much better than ham Thanks much for pointing out it's really Leberkäse. Yes, it's my favorite item in the MUC Senator lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.