Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

RTW J (Mostly SkyTeam) LAX-CAN-ICN-BKK-HKT-BKK-NBO-JNB-CPT-DXB-IAH (Lots of Pics)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW J (Mostly SkyTeam) LAX-CAN-ICN-BKK-HKT-BKK-NBO-JNB-CPT-DXB-IAH (Lots of Pics)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Great report; thanks for posting!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jongar
I just wanted to say what a wonderful trip report. Great pictures and humour.

Jon G.
Originally Posted by spotydoty
Awesome trip report! I'm hoping to start planning a mini rtw trip for September-October 2011. Will definitely look into some of your spots
Originally Posted by heramato
Great report!
Thank you for sharing.
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Great report; thanks for posting!
I'm glad you all enjoyed the report. Hopefully as things slow down at work going into the holidays I'll have time to write up reports on two other recent memorable trips:

X-Mas/New Year's 2009

March 2010

And with any luck, I'll soon be able to make the final bookings to make the following routing a reality for next year:

Hopefully in March 2011
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent report. ^ Thanks for sharing with us pictures of a product (CZ J) that people seldomly write a report on.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:56 pm

Wow.

Fantastic trip report.
Thanks for posting with so many vibrant details -and- photos.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:32 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Not a lot of folks seem to review a lot of SkyTeam products. From what I've read, SkyTeam RTW isn't as good w.r.t. to routing rules, or mileage requirements, so I'm curious on why you picked it over a oneworld or *A RTW ticket.

Also, looking forward to the next part.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NCommander
Not a lot of folks seem to review a lot of SkyTeam products. From what I've read, SkyTeam RTW isn't as good w.r.t. to routing rules, or mileage requirements, so I'm curious on why you picked it over a oneworld or *A RTW ticket.

Also, looking forward to the next part.
I picked it because it only cost 220,000 CO miles in J, allowed me try out some oddball J products, routed for 31,329 total miles of semi-obscure FlightMemory lines, and let me spend time in Korea, Thailand, and Cape Town.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I picked it because it only cost 220,000 CO miles in J, allowed me try out some oddball J products, routed for 31,329 total miles of semi-obscure FlightMemory lines, and let me spend time in Korea, Thailand, and Cape Town.
Ah, didn't realize it was an award redemption; I have noticed RTW awards are better with SkyTeam vs. *A (US/UA at least).

Got to say, you got a pretty good deal on said redemption :-)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:42 pm

thanks for the report! i hope to go to seoul one day too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.