Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: Volaris, UA Nothing
Wonderful pictures!! ^^
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aldaniti
Petrus,

I'm new to FT and only happened on this TR because of the post above.

Absolutely great report and pics about 2 things close to my heart - SA and wine. And your report has got me in the mood, I'm fortunate to get to go to SA 3-4 times per year with my engineering sales based job. My next trip is mid May and I have already reserved an afternoon and evening out of the work schedule for De Toren and Rust en Vrede.
Fantastic. They both make classic Bordeaux Blends which give many Classed Chateau's a good run for their money. Did you actually get access to De Toren? They do not open for public tours, FYI.

Thanks for the compliments on the report ^
Old May 4, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by Petrus
Fantastic. They both make classic Bordeaux Blends which give many Classed Chateau's a good run for their money. Did you actually get access to De Toren? They do not open for public tours, FYI.

Thanks for the compliments on the report ^
Yes, I just used some 'charm' and also mentioned that it was recommended by one of my clients in Joburg who happens to be a very very good customer of De Toren and the lady showed us round and then I equally felt obliged to buy a few Fusion V's. I stopped short of buying the Book XVII - but if they have any next week, I will have to buy it considering the good exchange rate.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aldaniti
Yes, I just used some 'charm' and also mentioned that it was recommended by one of my clients in Joburg who happens to be a very very good customer of De Toren and the lady showed us round and then I equally felt obliged to buy a few Fusion V's. I stopped short of buying the Book XVII - but if they have any next week, I will have to buy it considering the good exchange rate.
Splendid! The Fusion V is such a nice wine and excellent value. Even the younger ones like 2009 or 2010 open up after an hour of breathing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.