Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

From Lufthansa F to Vueling Y - the Princess is not happy on the road to Marrakesh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From Lufthansa F to Vueling Y - the Princess is not happy on the road to Marrakesh

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by njvandy
One slight correction to make regarding lounge access at BCN:
The BCN lounges are operated by AENA (the airport operator) and are more or less shared by all the companies. After you pass through security at T1 (all gates go through the same security) you can access the big lounges in the main departure area. There are 2, one which is basically the de-facto *A lounge and another that admits OW and ST pax, as well as PP cardholders and some other programs.
To enter the D (or E) departures area, you must go through passport control and may not return to the main terminal. These areas are for non-Schengen departures, including the BA flights to LHR and VY flights to RAK. There is a very nice lounge in this area, immediately to the left after the passport check.
I accessed this lounge a few months ago without incident as an AA EXP traveling BA. Most recently I got in by handing the dragon my EXP card and BP (it was printed on IB stock). She looked confused and typed for a while but eventually let me in even though my flight was neither operated nor marketed by a OW carrier .
Thanks for heads up njvandy. I completely missed that post-passport control lounge, although I must admit with my VY BP and check-in experience, I wasn't really in a looking-for-a-lounge frame of mind. Good to know for future reference anywhere really... just give the lounge agent all 3 cards and let them pick.

So its the Spanair Lounge that is the only *A Lounge, and the one across the hall is the OW/ST/PP one? That one actually looked nicer.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
This is the first Veuling trip report I've read, and they don't seem too bad at all for what is basically a low-cost carrier.

The ability to block the middle seat for a reasonable price is very welcome - I wonder whether this is available on all flights, or only those that are not full? Surely Veuling would rather sell a full flight, as a seat is worth more than EUR30.

I tend not to eat when travelling in Y (which thankfully is fairly rare). I normally eat in the lounge before boarding, which is why I don't know how you managed without a lounge at BCN
Old Jun 1, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Is it still the same though after 3 years?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:30 pm

I've never looked at Veuling, but when I went to their website they had one feature that was outstanding. If you looked for a fare from say BCN, they told you the places they flew direct. I wish other airlines made it that easy.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Interesting report.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Genius1
This is the first Veuling trip report I've read, and they don't seem too bad at all for what is basically a low-cost carrier.
The ability to block the middle seat for a reasonable price is very welcome - I wonder whether this is available on all flights, or only those that are not full? Surely Veuling would rather sell a full flight, as a seat is worth more than EUR30.
I tend not to eat when travelling in Y (which thankfully is fairly rare). I normally eat in the lounge before boarding, which is why I don't know how you managed without a lounge at BCN
The ability to block the middle seat seemed to be standard 3 years ago, although not sure whether they selectively pull the feature depending on bookings.

Originally Posted by dera
Is it still the same though after 3 years?
Apparently so. Also, seems more formalized these days with Excellence fare which is a pseudo European J class service.
http://www.vueling.com/en/vueling-se...cellence-fare/

Originally Posted by farbster
I've never looked at Veuling, but when I went to their website they had one feature that was outstanding. If you looked for a fare from say BCN, they told you the places they flew direct. I wish other airlines made it that easy.
I would not hesitate to fly them again, and almost did last December when we were planning our Spain trip.

Originally Posted by cloudybw
Interesting report.
Thanks cloudybw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.