Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Shortest Flight With International First Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shortest Flight With International First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, UA 1K 2MM, CZ Gld, VS Gld, SPG Lifetime Plt, IC PltAm, Hilton Dmd, Shangrila Diamond
Originally Posted by rogodwin
The shortest one, which I actually took, is AA 900 from MVD to EZE. It is 142 miles. The flight then continues on to MIA.
I remember the United flights in first EZE-MVD. AA now flies 2 class 767s on the route so there is no first class. I don't know when AA last had first class on the route. Another short route is Kuala Lumpur to Singapore but I don't know of anyone who does first class on that route.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Swiss flies DXB-MCT with F
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Although the route was noted before I believe American also has a 777 on GRU-GIG which has three classes.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Yep. We will be flying Swiss DXB-MCT in F in 3 months. 238 miles.

(this was on award from LHR-FRA-DXB-MCT, although we were about to pay for C before I worked out I could add on a flight)
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:07 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by price123
Yep. We will be flying Swiss DXB-MCT in F in 3 months. 238 miles.

(this was on award from LHR-FRA-DXB-MCT, although we were about to pay for C before I worked out I could add on a flight)
I did that in Y. I booked NYC-DXB..MCT-NYC (not including connections) using CO miles, but was unable to get the DXB-MCT as a reward ticket in any class for any day near my desired travel day. Odd, as that flight was almost completely empty.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:00 pm

According to Airline Route Mapper LH flies DMM-BAH on the Airbus 330-300. 53 miles.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
And in 2022?

Is there an update for this in 2022?

i have a few CX AsiaMiles that I want to burn on a OW flight, and to do it in First would obviously be the best way of getting rid of them.

Any suggestions on what short routes are being operated in First right now (Not on CX, I have no interest in doing 21 days of quarantine…)
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
i have a few CX AsiaMiles that I want to burn on a OW flight, and to do it in First would obviously be the best way of getting rid of them.
Your best bet for burning them on a Oneworld carrier in F would be JL now, but the shorter F routes are all domestic within JP. So, yet another immigration hurdle. You are quite SOL for now in terms of short F redemption ideas with OW.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

As this thread started 11 years ago, much of the information is now outdated. Therefore, I am locking this thread but feel free to start a new thread with more contemporaneous information.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.