United Airlines: Duct Tape on Wing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines: Duct Tape on Wing?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by J P Smith
This thread: United Airlines Duct Tape on Wing, was on Google yesterday. Today it cannot be found. It has disappeared.
You're incorrect. It's the first result. See:http://www.google.com/search?q=unite...ient=firefox-a

I would have to agree with nerd that there is some paranoia exhibited here. If you didn't want an innocent and valid explanation for what you saw, a frequent flier website is probably not the appropriate forum for your post. Although, you would probably had gotten answers you expected had you posted about duct tape holding the seats together in the interior of a United plane. Nevertheless, welcome to FlyerTalk.

Thanks to planemechanic for the succinct and scientific explanation of speed tape. I honestly had wondered what this was myself and now I know.
Old May 5, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Is "planemechanic" an employee of United Airlines. Seems a little defensive about reports that people submit about UAL.
Apparently you are not any better at identifying a gracious and welcoming response than you are at identifying various types of tape.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie
Is "planemechanic" an employee of United Airlines. Seems a little defensive about reports that people submit about UAL.
you don't fly much, do you ?
Old May 6, 2009, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=jennj99738;11701613]You're incorrect. It's the first result. See:http://www.google.com/search?q=unite...ient=firefox-a

jennj99738 You are right. The tech people at FlyerTalk repaired the broken link and when you searched it was repaired. They are really speedy.

The only response I can give to the negative comments that people have been posting is "ouch".
Old May 6, 2009, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only response I can give to the negative comments that people have been posting is "ouch".
Don't take it as "ouch". Take it as constructive criticism. Everyone's friendly here.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nerd
Don't take it as "ouch". Take it as constructive criticism. Everyone's friendly here.
+1.

I think I was the first to welcome you to FT. You are still welcome here as far as I am concerned and I hope you stay and enjoy the show. It can be quite interesting here at times.

Old May 6, 2009, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Tape on a wing? Please, do not give the OP nightmares by mentioning that for decades airplanes used to be made of thin pieces of wood covered with nothing but bedsheets and paint.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

I apologize to "planemechanic" for this post. J P Smith
Old May 7, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by WHBM
It is not Duct Tape, it is Hi-Speed Tape, or Ripstop Tape, which are fully certified by the FAA to be used on the airframe. World of difference in the products (and in their price !).
Yeah, it is not something you can get at your local Home Depot, Lowells or other hardware store.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.