getting out to aisle from window seat in y, c, and f

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

getting out to aisle from window seat in y, c, and f

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by AllanJ
You should not wait until the end of the movie to use the lav.
i understand all of those and do my best to follow those except for the one about the movie. what happens at the end of the movie. I usually try to wait until the end of the movie if i can.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fti
Sounds like everyone involved showed little class.
Thanks for your swell opinion.

Exactly what else was I to do to get out of the seat, then? As someone else mentioned, you have to shimmy out with either your butt or your front bits in the nonmoving seatmate's face. Should I have simply stayed in my seat and wet myself in order not to inconvenience my fellow passenger??

I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

Incidentally, I chose the "butt-in-face" method so that I could at least hold onto the seat in front of the seatmates, so as not to fall into said seatmates' laps.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 5:41 am

Ah, we live in a strange world when the discussion moves to whether we present our fanny or our fanny (think about it. If necessary ask in the BA forum) to our seatmate.

I'm a charter member of the TWBC* but very much prefer window seats for longer flights if I'm in a premium cabin. So, this is something I do my best to manage around by using the facilities before takeoff, before and possibly after meal service and then once more before descent.

Knowing the seating is, um, more compact in coach, I'll often bite the bullet and take an aisle seat as it's better for my long legs as well. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if someone needs to get up. As others have said, I use the opportunity to stretch my own legs.

* Teeny Weeny Bladder Club
Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:14 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
It's even more fun when you are in a window seat and the aisle seat occupier(s) are asleep..........

Fred
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I always aim for the aisle since I drink H2O constantly on flights and am usually the one heading to the lav. Therefore, it would be terribly hypocritical of me to get upset with someone for using the lav
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
Originally Posted by honeytoes
... else mentioned, you have to shimmy out with either your butt or your front bits in the nonmoving seatmate's face. Should I have simply stayed in my seat and wet myself in order not to inconvenience my fellow passenger??

Incidentally, I chose the "butt-in-face" method so
that I could at least hold onto the seat in front of the seatmates, so as not to fall into said seatmates' laps.
1. Negatory.
2. Velly bayad. 'Tis another big discussion seen here before.

Last edited by AllanJ; Apr 7, 2009 at 7:42 pm
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
deleted ff
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO, KE
I don't have a problem with being either the movee or the mover.

And it always seems that if I'm on the aisle (or, god forbid, middle), I'll actually be able to fall asleep...only to be awakened by the window passenger. If I'm on the window, I won't be able to fall asleep, but the size of my bladder will shrink.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Going to the bathroom is a normal human function. Being in a small metal tube sometimes for many hours requires consideration for others. If one does not want to be disturb, a window seat is the way to go (I personally find window seats much more comfortable).
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
I never get irritated if i have to get up for someone to use the lavs, but i do wonder what would happpen if I was sleeping on either the new C class seats on UA or the PS seats and someone needed to get past me... Could they just step over?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by UAL4life
I never get irritated if i have to get up for someone to use the lavs, but i do wonder what would happpen if I was sleeping on either the new C class seats on UA or the PS seats and someone needed to get past me... Could they just step over?
PS F (Spacebed) is no problem.
PS C (old int'l C) is difficult unless you are in row 5, 6 or 9.
New int'l C on UA is doable as well.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2mm; Hilton Diamond
If I'm in C window and the person is asleep, I'll try to step over them. I'm rather tall, however, so I can usually do this without disturbing the passenger next to me or anyone in front of me.

If I'm in Y (whether the person is awake or asleep) or if I'm in C and the person is awake, I'll politely let them know I have to get up. (For some reason I feel awkward asking the aisle to get up, so informing them I have to get up usually serves the same purpose.)
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you fly longhaul C from/to the Far East, you may want to try the SQ 77W with the 1-2-1 config that means every pax has direct aisle access. While I generally think SQ is a bit overrated, this config is by far the best C-class hard product available anywhere. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.