Wiki Posts
Search

How does coupon connection work?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON Circle, Premier M&M World MC, UA MP
How does coupon connection work?

I just found out about it in another thread.

Evidently I have 11k miles from NW (I keep getting e-mails from them to spend them) which I must have gotten from my trips from AMS to MRS that I'd LOVE to get rid of and roughly just over 30k miles on US Air that I'd also like to get rid of. How do I get rid of them? Can I get UA miles? Does UA ever sell status, or let the 1ks give status away? That is something I'd be interested in, viz. as I have enough miles on LH.

So, what do I have to do?

Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by abcxyz
I just found out about it in another thread.

Evidently I have 11k miles from NW (I keep getting e-mails from them to spend them) which I must have gotten from my trips from AMS to MRS that I'd LOVE to get rid of and roughly just over 30k miles on US Air that I'd also like to get rid of. How do I get rid of them? Can I get UA miles? Does UA ever sell status, or let the 1ks give status away? That is something I'd be interested in, viz. as I have enough miles on LH.

So, what do I have to do?

Thanks.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...onnection.html

This thread may answer some of your questions.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:44 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
It would appear from your membership that you are already qualified to participate in the Coupon Connection forum. When you access that forum, suggest that you read the top-level announcement and the second sticky as to procedures. If you still have questions, the best route would be to send a private message to one of the Coupon Connection moderators who'll help you further.

Re your Qs. about selling status, United does not sell status. It makes available for purchase for eligible flights only, on a per flight basis, a collection of some of the benefits of Premier status. This collection is called "Premier Line." It may allow certain members to give -- not sell -- Premier Associate status to another Mileage Plus member for a fixed period of time. It never allows sale or gifting of higher status levels. With the help here and from other members above, we'll close this thread now. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.