Wiki Posts
Search

US Customs declaration form: "BGC"?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

US Customs declaration form: "BGC"?

Meant to ask this earlier ... but had slipped my mind

I was recently returning from Vietnam on business travel with a colleague. The immigration officer wrote "BGC" on his customs declaration form, while I had the usual entry ("1" ). This resulted in his bags being inspected by US Customs ... nothing too dramatic, this was a casual inspection which took only a few minutes and he was allowed to proceed following the inspection.

Anybody know what does BGC stand for (Back Ground Check, perhaps) and what triggers this?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
BaG Check?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
or could be initials, or could be totally meaningless (anything other than number of pax circled = check it out)?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 2:06 am

Probaby baggage control.

And it happens like any other referral for a bag check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.