Aisle, Window, Middle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aisle, Window, Middle

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium?
Can't sleep in the aisle, and I like the scenery (one of the pleasures of flying, IMHO), so window it is for me! middle..ugh
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:44 pm

My travel is often overnight, over water - nothing to see for hours. So it's the aisle for me for easy access to the toilet and getting up to stretch my legs. Perhaps also a chance to sprawl on empty seats.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:02 pm

Window seat preferred. Aisle secondary.

On a Regional Jet where there are seats that are both aisle and window, those win.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:40 am

First choice, window (for the view in the morning/afternoon)
next would be aisle (mobility and space)
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Short haul: window, for the view

Long haul: aisle, so I can get up when I want

Middle? Never.

Neil
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Window whenever possible. Always like looking out even at night when you see the stars and sometimes land masses below
Never sat in a middle seat and had the aisle 2-3 times not out of choice.
Don't generally need to visit the toilet every 10 mins like a lot of people (unless I'm drinking alcohol)
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used to be a straight up window guy and 99% of my flights were in window seats. Recently, if I can't get an exit row/bulkhead with more room/premium cabin, and the flight is of any significant length, I'd rather have an aisle. I feel claustrophobic in window seats on long flights and I hate the trapped feeling, especially when I have to go to the bathroom.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:13 pm

Usually aisle. If I'm going to sleep, window because no one will need to step on me to get out.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: US Silver, HHonors Silver
Usually aisle for me. I generally can't sleep on a plane and I like having the aisle to stretch into if I'm next to a POS or just to be able to get up whenever I want to.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Window for me!

i HATE being disturbed by people clambering over or wanting to get out - and when I do have the aisle - I dislike the way people use the seat back to drag themselves up the aisle shaking me!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 3:40 am

Programs: QF-Gold
Originally Posted by CarolynUK
Window for me!
I dislike the way people use the seat back to drag themselves up the aisle shaking me!
This seems to be one of those strange behaviours that people simply don't realise is annoying. When it happens to you, it's obvious. When someone does this, it annoys me, but for some reason it doesn't cross my mind that they might be doing it deliberately
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
I am the anomaly. I choose middle row for 90% of flights. However, I'm petite, fly short runs with no checked luggage, and always carry a Travelpro Walkabout Lite rolling tote. It fits perfectly under almost every Delta middle seat in front of me. If I sit aisle or window, I can't always count on it fitting under the seat. I usually sit forward in the cabin, and many times luck up by reserving the middle seat. Since it seems many people shy away from booking an almost full row (on the 3 side), if the flight is not full, one of the seats will be empty and my row partner and I have that extra seat room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.