Reload this Page >

Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 1:30 am

How many amenity kits do I need??? though I admit I always like getting one and looking at what's inside. Definitely good for charity.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by AirBoy
Since I travel with my own "stuff" and eyeshades, I donate them to our local homeless shelter, along with unused hotel soaps and shampoo.

They really appreciate it.
I used to do this as well in the days before the 3-1-1 junk hit us. They were always very appreciated and it felt good doing it. I wish I still could but would then spend too many hours watching checked bags go around in circles.

Off topic: what do hotels do with half used bottles? Would be a nice and easy effort to allow guests to donate them at the hotel itself if the other option it to discard them.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Actually the Rimowa kits from LH go for over 30€ on ebay Germany

Ebay Germany
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO, KE
I keep a couple in the guest bathroom, along with some hotel toiletries, in case houseguests have forgotten anything. The rest I donate.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by dingo
<SNIP> Off topic: what do hotels do with half used bottles? Would be a nice and easy effort to allow guests to donate them at the hotel itself if the other option it to discard them.
It's a nice idea, but giving away something that’s been half used may be a liability issue.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: US Airways, AA, Delta, Continental
Rimowa Kits

Originally Posted by moonflyer
Hi,

Travelled a lot over the last year and have now amassed quite a few first class amenity kits. (Including 12 of the new lufthansa suitcase kits).

Most of them are unused - does anyone know a website / place that deals in them?

I was going to pop them on ebay - which I guess would be my last option.

Anyone .. .. .. ?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong thread)

I am DEFINITELY interested, please drop me a line on the PM!!!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by Finite Elephant
I keep a couple in the guest bathroom, along with some hotel toiletries, in case houseguests have forgotten anything. The rest I donate.
That's a great idea. Altho I have extra toiletries in my guest bath, I never thought about putting amenity kits there! :-: idea! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.