Wiki Posts
Search

A 9/11 View -

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
A 9/11 View -

September 11, 2001 was tremendously personal experience.

I remember listening to "Bob & Tom" in the morning on the way to work. Which just happened to be in the control center at MSP. I was at my desk when the next tower was hit.

The next few hours were enormously challenging. The communication necessary between government, company, airport, employees and passengers was impressive under the circumstances. All five "stages" of grief sometimes expressed in a blink of an eye.

I remember the first time I was able to set the radio, phone and headset down and take a breath. The place was a ghost town, taxiways lined up line parking lots and the first moment I realized I may have lost countless friends and family.

Having grown up outside of New York City, I had many friends and family who work in the towers or in the Trade Center district. A lifelong "airliner" I may have whispered goodbye to friends onboard as well.

A few days later I stopped counting at 11.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.