Wiki Posts
Search

How low can you go…What are the fewest passangers you’ve traveled w/ in First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
How low can you go…What are the fewest passangers you’ve traveled w/ in First

So last month, I was on a flight from OMA-DEN on a 757 in F it was a 6 AM flight, so I knew it would be very light for elites, but I was not expecting what I saw. When I got on the plane and stowed my bag in the overhead, the FA came up to me and said “put it up there however you’d like, cause you’re our only passenger up here”, needleless to say, I was surprised. I had never flown any flight in F where I was the only passenger. And the 2 FA’s working in F, kept commenting at how they had never see this before. So my question is this…

What is the longest flight you’ve taken w/ the fewest people up front?

Mine UA 493 OMA-DEN on 3/22 6am on a Saturday 24 seat capacity in F only one passenger.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:11 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
In 1989 I was on a TWA L1011 from JFK to AMS, only person in FC.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Feb 17 2008
5 PM
ORD-DCA
Just me and the FAM
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:47 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
I've only been in F once in the last 2 years when it wasn't completely full (2 class 777 HNL-SFO with 2 empty seats).
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:14 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
I've also been the only passenger in F once. It was probably 8 years or so back and I was flying JFK to BOS (due to flight canceallations my original LAS-LAX-BOS, with no redeye had become LAS-LAX-JFK-BOS with a redeye). Very short flight and couldn't ever see myself upgrading a JFK-BOS only flight.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:20 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Marriott Ambassador
LHR-ORD in March (777), 2 in F
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:20 am

Twice on Cathy I was the only pax in First Class on a 747, once LAX to HKG about 5 years ago and LHR to HKG two years ago.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:23 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by djs
I've also been the only passenger in F once. It was probably 8 years or so back and I was flying JFK to BOS (due to flight canceallations my original LAS-LAX-BOS, with no redeye had become LAS-LAX-JFK-BOS with a redeye). Very short flight and couldn't ever see myself upgrading a JFK-BOS only flight.
A few months ago, DEN-SAT , was one of 2 in F on an A319. Several years ago, was in F on ORD-NRT in the old extra large F and C cabin (was that the 747 OP?, it had like 40 F seats), there were 3 of us. We were all so scattered over that huge cabin, it seemed like it was my own! (That was also back in the days of the allowable 'double upgrade'...Ahhhh, the memories!)

In most cases, I'm just elated when I have an empty seat next to me. More than 1 or 2 open F seats is rare these days.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORD-PVR, just me.

Really makes me think in times like this there should be a way to drop the seatback all the way down.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been the only passenger in F on a CR7 and had only one seatmate many times on international airlines, but that's about it as far as UA goes...
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
IAD-FRA on LH 747 last Sept, Labor Day weekend. I had pre-dept bevs in one seat, take-off in another, appetizers in another.......J/K.

Wonderful service, of course! Seat 83A
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
1999 as a non rev on Sabena from BRU-ORD. Only person on a 747 in the premium cabain (2 class configuration).
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
2 Years ago, IAD-DEN on a three-class 777 it was just me and one other guy in F. I was 1K back then and got an op-up from upgraded C. ^^

The other guy thought I was insane because I spent the whole time playing with the seats and the controls. Hey... my first time in F on a three-class and I wanted to maximize the 3 hour flight to DEN!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
I did EZE-IAD on a 3 cabin 767 and was the only passenger in F about 4 years back.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:08 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Almost every non-RJ flight I've had on UA has gone out with a full F cabin. I can think of a few p.s. flights in C where some seats were empty, but that was some time back (2004 or '05).

I have had a few RJ trips where I was the only F pax, but those don't really count IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.