Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inconvienienced by Hotel- Who Pays ??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:26 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
If the check-in clerk sent me away to have a drink in their bar or coffee after the regular check-in time, I would certainly assume that he's inviting me.

With the Intercontinental Hotels Group the first night would be free if the room is not available -- pointing that out usually got me an upgraded room really fast in the HI Downtown in Shanghai...

HTB.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by htb
If the check-in clerk sent me away to have a drink in their bar or coffee after the regular check-in time, I would certainly assume that he's inviting me.

With the Intercontinental Hotels Group the first night would be free if the room is not available -- pointing that out usually got me an upgraded room really fast in the HI Downtown in Shanghai...

HTB.

Can you point me to that policy on their website? My bf has status, but I don't know that he's aware of this policy.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 11:34 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Can you point me to that policy on their website? My bf has status, but I don't know that he's aware of this policy.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...en/rd/res.html

Online Reservation Guarantee

By securing your online reservation with a credit card, you are eligible for our Reservations Guarantee. If your reservation cannot be honored, the host hotel will provide a room at, and transportation to, another convenient and comparable hotel, and pay for telephone calls to notify family of the lodging change. The host hotel will also pay the full cost of the first night's lodging rate, plus tax. Any advance deposit will be refunded.
If I have a reservation with guaranteed check-in time at 3 pm, and they don't have a room ready, my reservation is not being honored. Maybe that's not quite what they had in mind...

HTB.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:53 pm
Suspended

No sense worrying about it. You should have addressed it at the time. In the end though, they gave you an upgrade. Probably a nice tradeoff for the 4 euros. Unless you're American and then that equates to $1452.54.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 7:16 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Recently, while at The Aerie in Victoria, B.C.,we found our GPS didn't work. Took lots of cellphone calls to get us there. When we arrived, the GM said "Please sit down, relax and have a cocktail." We were charged $40.00 for 2 martinis. Not exactly what I expected.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I arrived at a major chain hotel in India after landing at 9 PM or so (after a 15-hour flight). I got in at 11 PM, tired and grungy. My room was not ready. I can guess what happened. They charged someone else for very late checkout so they could keep the room for the evening (most departures from DEL to the US or Europe are around midnight) and they also charged me for the day.

They were SO gracious. SO apologetic. As an earlier poster noted, I didn't want to be the Ugly American. They said the room would be ready in an hour and offered complimentary dinner, but I'd eaten on the plane. They ushered me up to the lounge and I mellowed out with a complimentary glass of wine and played on the Internet. I'd told them that I WOULD be downstairs in an hour if I didn't hear from them, but an employee arrived at the promised time and I got into my room.

I still think it was shabby (and related the story on tripadvisor.com), but at least I was offered free food and did get free wine.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Took lots of cellphone calls to get us there. When we arrived, the GM said "Please sit down, relax and have a cocktail." We were charged $40.00 for 2 martinis.
That sounds like a waitstaff error. If the GM invites you to have a cocktail, you shouldn't be paying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.