Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first class to india

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

first class to india

Who offers the best first class from Texas to BOM? (I will leave from SAT but can easily connect thru IAH or DFW.) I am a pretty big guy and I definitely want a true flat bed seat. I am intrigued by the new suites on Emirates, but they are pricey. Any advice?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:00 pm

The Emirates suites are incredible but I've heard some pretty negative reviews of Emirates service, even in the F cabin.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:28 pm

Welcome to FT.
You have a number of good options out of IAH. As jkirk mentioned, EK is supposed to be outstanding.
LH is superb in F. And, if you make a halt in FRA, you can try out their First Class Terminal, which is also great.
AF is pretty good. Don't know how good the connections are to India.
BA First is also very good. If you look at the individual airlines' flyertalk sites, you'll get a good feel for their +s and -ses.
The US-based carriers don't offer a true F class to India out of TX, except for AA, which flies ORD-DEL non-stop.
The general mood is that for most of them, the F experience has been diluted by cost-cutting. This is the complaint of those who have flown in F frequently. This may be true, to some extent. However, I think it is most noticeable on the US carriers.
If you don't mind connecting from to the West Coast, SQ and CX are superb!
But, it's still a lot of fun sitting at the 'front of the bus!' Enjoy the ride, and say: "Yes, please," to all the nice things they offer to you.
Please post your experience after you have completed your journey.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:08 pm

Totally agree that the LH's F terminal is fantastic. And you have to love being driven directly to the aircraft in a Mercedes S-class. But for a trip that long I don't find the LH F seats that great for sleeping. Just my $0.02.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EK F suite SAT-IAH-DXB-BOM (2 stops)
Jet F suite SAT-EWR/JFK-BRU-BOM (2 stops)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 10, 2008 at 5:24 pm
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:51 am

Depending on when you are planning your trip SQ is starting IAH-SIN service with a stop in Moscow. Their F is considered one of the best in the world. Personally I prefer LH, good product and excellent ground services in FRA and MUC.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
CX is wonderful - best F ever, IMO.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 9:26 pm

Wow-it just so happens I'm going from SAT-BOM in May. I am going business class (not F), but I eventually chose *A the whole way for the EQM's and am going SAT-YYZ on United in F, then YYZ-FRA on AC (new XM business class with fully flat bed) and then FRA-BOM on LH and then same route back but YYZ-NYC instead of to SAT. All/in was ~ $5400, not bad IMO
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jet SAT-EWR/JFK-BRU-BOM is flatbed on 2nd and 3rd legs, instead of just 2nd. same with VS and BA

5/14-5/21
Jet J $5.4K / F $9K (+SAT)
VS $7K (+SAT)
BA $6K (+SAT)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 10, 2008 at 10:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.