Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Does anyone collect barf bags besides me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CO, DL, UA, US

Mint condition only of course!
American commercial carriers have ridiculously boring ones these days. I haven't yet been on Hooters airlines, but suspect that could be an interesting one. The Airforce One bag depicted in the movie Independence Day looks highly coveted, with its Presidential logo. It's too bad that I did not write then President Clinton for one. Not many administrations would waste their time to respond to such stupid requests. Of course, the barf bag that President Bush 41 used in Japan could be the rare exception to barf bags having no value unless never used. US Military jet barf bags have been classic 2 and 3 part devices.
Otherwise, many of the non-American ones rock. Qantas and Easyjet bags used to double as mail-in bags for film developing. Thai Airways' barf bags are now tamper evident sealed. My wife had a friend whose boyfriend was a pilot in the Royal Swedish Air Force but I failed to cash in on that connection. One of those bags would be way cool.
PanAm, PSA and others are really hard to get now.

And then to top any barf bag collection is the unmatchable airline toilet paper collection. Unused conditions again only please! Up to the 1960's, many of the airlines had their own embroidered toilet papers. very special.

Last edited by DarthAnonymous; Jan 25, 2008 at 5:29 pm Reason: Swedish military issue barf bags
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes I do if I like the outside colour & design. Not only those bags, but I sometimes like to also collect stuff with airline logos on them.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This would be a fine topic for OMNI. As the OP is not OMNI-qualified, I am locking this up.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.