Wiki Posts
Search

Advice: SFO to MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Advice: SFO to MCO

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I just am looking for guidance and advice. In shore we are making a trip from MCO to LAX/ Then SFO back home to MCO. I already have our ticket for our MCO to LAX and LAX to SFO. I am still contemplating what airline to fly from SFO/OAK to MCO. There is nothing really direct, and the choices that are half way affordable are Delta, Frontier, and Airtran. I am really looking for most affordable, comfortable, and not a long drawn out day(which is really impossible)

TIA! -Travis
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:09 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Hey Travis!

Funny seeing you here.. LOL.

Anyway, my personal preference out of what you mention would be on Frontier. Quickie stop in DEN and off to MCO. IFE, decent service, and assuming you earn on Airtran, you can get credit through them.

Another option I would personally take would be a Jetblue redeye through BOS.. or as much as I shudder to say this, United. UA92 I believe is the only nonstop SFO-MCO flight offered by any carrier presently.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Hiya MKT!! UA is the only one I believe but is also asking 500 for that flight and that is a rip! I have been debating over the red eye, I have not done one before. So unsure of how it would effect my body. But Jet Blue is always my preferred airline =)
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Hi TravisMT81. Since this is really not a CommunityBuzz! topic I'm going to transfer this to the helpful folks in TravelBuzz! Perhaps they can give you the advice you are seeking.

Happy travels.

Cholula

CommunityBuzz! Forum Co-Moderator
Old Jan 22, 2008, 4:52 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Hiya MKT!! UA is the only one I believe but is also asking 500 for that flight and that is a rip! I have been debating over the red eye, I have not done one before. So unsure of how it would effect my body. But Jet Blue is always my preferred airline =)
When I regularly commuted from California to MCO, I would actually prefer the redeye so I could sleep on the plane and get breakfast when I landed. That was also the easiest way for me to adjust.

And I agree about UA now that I know the price (didn't check, since I didn't know the dates)... I wouldn't pay that much to be on UA metal... ever.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 5:20 am

Programs: Super-Titanium member of the Gate Roach program. :P
Hi TravisMT81! I took a very similar trip to the one you're describing last year, only in reverse. I flew MCO to SFO, and then LAX back to MCO. I found the most affordable airline was Airtran (since MCO is a focus city for them and their HQ is located here).

Their planes were quite clean (their whole fleet is only 3-4 years old). I found their seats to be comfortable for economy class. They don't have much in the way of in-flight entertainment, but they do have XM radio and they give out free headsets for it. As for time, it did take most of the day, but their flights did run on time (and even arrived a few minutes early about half the time) and the connections in ATL were easy to make since their gates are all in the same terminal. If you sleep easily on planes, a redeye will make the time pass very quickly. My LAX-ATL-MCO flights went quite quick as I fell asleep after takeoff and didn't wake up again until it was time to land.

And if you plan to make this trip often, it's not too difficult to earn free trip with them (2 R/Ts gets you a free upgrade to business, 4 R/Ts gets you a free O/W, 8 R/Ts gets you a free R/T). I hope this helps and good luck booking your flights. The City Beautiful here is worth the effort.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much Elizabeth for your input! Nice to see another Floridian on here =)
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: Super-Titanium member of the Gate Roach program. :P
Ah, I didn't realize you were a Floridian as well. It's a pleasure to see another person from Orlando.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Provided you can sleep on a plane the redeye is not that bad on your body however if you have problems sleeping on planes or are unable to sleep (turbulence, noisy cabin etc. it can be a b**ch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.