Where in the world should we go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where in the world should we go?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:27 am

Aegean Coast of Turkey is fabulous

I've been twice. Cheap, and wonderful. The locals speak English, there's amazing stuff to see (Ephesus, Troy). Daily budget, for 2, was $25, and that included hotel, food, and transportation -- hotels were decent (we slept on the rooftop at one); food was usually freshly-caught fish, prepared to order; transportation was double-decker 1st class buses (non-smoking) with refreshments and movies in English. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:10 am
Suspended

I'd go somewhere stable and safe. It's nice to make it back home too. You have only been to one place in western Europe. Why not hit Italy? There is so much culture and history there. Tour the UK, go through France, Austria, Germany, etc.

"hasnt new zealand also had some fairly major issues on occasion?"

They did have a few issues with the opposition leader Sauron threatening to mess things up, but the local hobbits stopped that before it got moving.

I think his point was that traveling to 3rd world countries is nice and all, but it's not exactly all that safe. I'm sure there are those not too long ago who thought that Kenya was a nice stable country and a great place to visit.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:32 pm

What about Bali Island....
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:09 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by sithjedi333
Maldives
Tahiti/Bora Bora
No no no. COOK ISLANDS. Maybe not as fancy, but certainly a better deal. http://www.etumoana.com/ is quite nice. Highly recommended.

Check out www.ck

Originally Posted by sithjedi333
More Middle East (but not sure where to go)
Since Jordan is covered, how about Oman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.