"Can you just climb over me? I don't feel like moving."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Can you just climb over me? I don't feel like moving."

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by thor0176
What's wrong with just climbing over the guy? Is that really so hard? Some of you seem to be making a big deal out of nothing. I don't think that the guy in the aisle seat is being rude at all by simply asking you to climb over him.

If I'm sitting in the window seat, I'll happily climb over someone when getting up. But perhaps having lived in Asia for several years, I've forgotten how extreme Americans are about personal space. Heavens forbid you may accidentally touch the guy while scooting past him to get out of your seat. I mean, he might have COOTIES or something, right?
I'm 6' 2" at 200 lbs with size 12 feet. With 32" seat pitch AND seats reclined, there is no way you can step over.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by frontenac551
I'm short. I physically cannot climb over someone without standing on them on my way over and/or hanging off of the seat in front when sitting in Y. Since neither is an actual option (especially not hanging on the seat of the person in front, how had nothing to do with the situation), it behooves the person in the aisle seat to let me out.
I'm short too --5'2! Stepping over the person in the aisle seat has never been a problem for me. I often do it on long haul flights when the aisle person is sleeping. Usually if the person is awake, s/he will stand up to let me out, but this makes me feel like I'm inconveniencing the person. If it's all the same to that person, I'd honestly rather just hop over him/her. Either way, as long as I can get out I'm happy.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:09 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Not sure if it is much less hassle, but if in the aisle seat, IME it is usually possible, in Y, to just lift the aisle armrest (using the little latch/lock underneath and to the rear of the armrest), and just swivel one's knees into the aisle. No need to stand up.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pinkcat
my mate was asleep in the aisle seat and the bloke in the window seat wanted to get out, he climbed over and planted a foot in his grolleys on the way over, sometimes you'd rather be woken up!
GROLLEYS!? What a fantastic word for, well, those things... ^ I'll add it to my vocabulary immediately!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.