"Can you just climb over me? I don't feel like moving."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Can you just climb over me? I don't feel like moving."

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Krakajax
Some people just don't belong on an airplane or among civilized society.
I think you found one of them in the aisle seat.
NO ONE belongs in a screaming pressurized metal tube flying around 35000 feet in the air at 600mph in an area 18" by 32".
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:08 pm

"Climb over you? Why sir, I hardly KNOW you!"
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Stand on the arm-rest and accidentally slip onto his gonads.. he'll soon learn.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:39 am

Gonads...grolleys...everyone is advocating crushing this guys nuts. Cruel people here...not that I disagree he deserves it....just get that sick feeling in my stomach when I think of my boys getting a heel.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
I still like the skunk defense...."sure. Just climb over me."

Me: "OK, if you insist...<pfffft>....no problem."
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:44 am

Programs: Amex switch hitter
And the inconsiderate behavior is not "class" dependent.
As seat pitch gets tighter, even in f class, people become more territorial.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Facedoc
And the inconsiderate behavior is not "class" dependent.
As seat pitch gets tighter, even in f class, people become more territorial.
I see a distinction between territorial and ignorant. Territorial can be defined as armrest hogging, or something else maybe still annoying but not as awful the OP's scenario. Ignorant is what happened to the OP.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:47 am

That is because not matter how much they like to believe otherwise...money does not equal respect or grace. Some of the rudest, most uncouth people I know fly F all the time.

You either are or are not a decent person...a Rolex or a better seat changes nothing.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:32 am

I am a large girl - I think, if I had been in the situation, I would have said 'fine'... and at the point of climbing over him, lose balance and fall flat on his lap. 300 lbs of dead weight on his 'grolleys' might change his mind in the future. 'oh, so sorry sir... I couldn't keep my balance with your legs in the way. Thus my request for you to MOVE YOUR ARSE!'
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:40 am

A 300lb Green Dragon asking me to move? I'd be up in a flash without hesitation.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:48 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"You'll enjoy this flight a lot more if you invest 10 seconds twice instead of recovering from two hipchecks. It's a reflex."
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA
On one recent flight, the woman in the middle seat had her baby in her lap and it was asleep. I waited as long as I thought humanly possible before asking her if she thought I could climb over her and the baby.

Mostly I didn't want to wake the sleeping baby and sit next to a cranky baby for the rest of the flight We were both fortunate that I didn't slip and fall and baby slept all the way through the disturbance.

Although, the guy in the row behind us stood up and looked over at us to see why on earth I was clambering around the seats like a mountain goat instead of the woman standing up and moving out of my way. I guess it was more than his curiosity could take!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:56 pm

I'd tell him to mind his own business...nosy people irritate as well.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:06 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Just to be clear, this thread is now the number one google hit for the word "grolleys"

I always get a an aisle seat, and I am always amazed when people just start to climb over me. Listen, I'm really fond of my grolleys, and they are at risk either by your climbing over or by me trying to squeeze my legs together to one side to let you walk by. I'm THRILLED to get up for you and have never considered it an inconvenience.

Also, I drink a lot of water throughout the day and especially on the plane, so it really doesn't matter how many times you have to pee, you aren't going to outpace me on an average day. (This actually works out because my seatmates often use the time when I'm already up to go themselves.)
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by robb
Also, I drink a lot of water throughout the day and especially on the plane, so it really doesn't matter how many times you have to pee, you aren't going to outpace me on an average day.
Agreed. I feel the key to healthy long haul flying is to drink lots of water and to walk around alot. And, it just so happens, the more water you drink the more you have to walk around.
I don't sleep much on TATL flights, but I drink two to three liters of water; (plus some more in the lounge prior to the flight) and I always sit in aisle seats. I haven't felt any significant jet lag in many years.

Also, I've had two relatives die of DVT's after long haul flights, all the more reason to emphasize walking around. For that reason, when I board I tell my window side seatmates not to hesitate to disturb me any time they want to get up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.